A3 Radio Fuse Location?

johncbradley1

Reaction score
My Audi Symphony radio will not turn on after the battery was disconnected. It has done this before and what I did to get it on was push a tape cassette into it and then it would boot up, but as you can see from the photo, this time the battery was disconnected with the cassette INSIDE

So now my plan is to remove the radio fuse and replace it and see if that does anything.
1 problem.... I can't seem to find the fuse for the radio

As it says on the fuse numbers "FURTHER FUSES IN E-BOX AND AUXILIARY RELAY BRACKET"
Could the radio fuse be located there? If so, where is the E-Box?

P.S I do not have the manual

Thank you

The fuse is in engine bay next to battery under a slide locking cover.

Engine bay Fuses 8 and 9 are listed as audio and nav system in my haynes book of half-truths.

watch u dont drop a fuse in the engine bay as i have done one evening, hat to rip out batter, fuse box and all surrounds to retrieve it as it was getting very dark yay

Well... I fixed it.
This may be a bit hard to explain but I'll try my best: right so nob for the volume(left) was always sunk in a little bit (not as prominent as the tuner nob) and on numerous occasions I had tried pressing it in because usually that is where the 'on/off' button was, but it was just solid. Any way, after pulling the unit out and check the fuse (which was ok) I noticed the volume nob drop out a tiny bit and so I pulled it completely off and then pressed in the little bar thingy that it attaches too and hey presto! It turned on. I was extremely happy and at the same time annoyed that I had gone without music for so long and it only needed pressing on . Well now I've switched the nobs over so this will not happen again

Lol, so effectively it was muted, that's a new one, but hey glad all fixed.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…