1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2.5 tdi allroad 180 knocking

Joeyenz Sep 1, 2018

1. Joeyenz

Joeyenz Member Team Brilliant Black TFSI Owners Group Audi A4 quattro S-line owners group Manual

Morning all,

Have just bought a c5 allroad with a 2.5tdi and some problematic electrics. I replaced a couple of dodgy window regulators and the battery ran down, its been low and struggling to charge but the battery works fine. The other day when driving back from work the engine sounded a little bit knocky and like one of the cylinders was not firing on startup.

Sounds to me like an injector problem but could this be caused by the low battery and wiring issues? The car has always struggled to fire up and may crank for up to 10 seconds before firing, always assumed this was the battery as well but is it more likely that an injector is not shooting properly?

Any of your thoughts appreciated!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. amiram

amiram A6 C5 Allroad 2.5L TDI Tip Still on air :)

In order to do a diagnosis for this vehicle you should use the VAG scanner or a VCD'S. Make a diagnosis on a guess can be costly

4. Joeyenz

Joeyenz Member Team Brilliant Black TFSI Owners Group Audi A4 quattro S-line owners group Manual

Have done, so far just a load of electrical codes. Central locking, air level, radio and some others. Was doing an engine scan while idling but VCDS crashed, will take a look this afternoon and send some codes.

5. RS4B5

RS4B5 5 pots

What year?
    Does it make it while revving ?
    They are known for chocolate camshafts

6. Joeyenz

I'ts a 2001 AKE engine, the knock seems to disappear while revving. Its not like a crazy rod knock or anything and can't really be noticed in the cabin.

7. RS4B5

RS4B5 5 pots

First thing is the chocolate camshaft they were better designed I think in 2005 onwards do some research on the cams it will give you a idea