2.0tfsi special edition project

The mtec front discs and pads have arrived and i fancy giving it a go myself so any help on what tools i need and process i need to go through would be much appreciated.

Reactions: AvantMike
Very straight forward, calipers off , discs off, new discs on , refit calipers and new pads.
A Hours work max inc tea & biscuits.

It's been over 4 years since I changed the oem front disc & pads Ricky, nothing special comes to mind on the fronts, you need a windback tool for rears though.

7mm hex for caliper slides,
star bit for disc retainer,
big flat screwdriver to remove caliper spring clip,
i think the disc may come out without removing caliper carrier or it could be rears,i forget. if carrier needs to come off you will probly need a breaker bar on it plus put full lock on to give you more space when doing so.
some brute force to push caliper piston back(dont forget to remove fluid cap)

Reactions: Charlie Farley and Ricky Burrows
7mm hex for caliper slides,
star bit for disc retainer,
big flat screwdriver to remove caliper spring clip,
i think the disc may come out without removing caliper carrier or it could be rears,i forget. if carrier needs to come off you will probly need a breaker bar on it plus put full lock on to give you more space when doing so.
some brute force to push caliper piston back(dont forget to remove fluid cap)
Thank you thats a massive help

You can get the rear discs off without removing the carrier etc , not 100% on the fronts as when I changed discs I took the lot of to put the 18z's back on .

I’ll see how you get on with the mtec discs Ricky. Mine are in need of changing soon and was eyeing them up!

I’ll see how you get on with the mtec discs Ricky. Mine are in need of changing soon and was eyeing them up!
Sorry mate for some reason i didn't see your post, yeah ill let you know what there like I've had them on all my previous cars and I've not had any issues so I'm hoping for the same with the b7

Reactions: Sam1989
Quick update reference the exhaust.

I was under the impression it was being done last weekend but it never happened so I've now booked it in to have the back boxs deleted on the 3rd August with someone else,

think I'm going to go with the 4” carbon fibre slash cut tips, he is sending me over some images as he has a few styles of 3.5” & 4” i want to keep them black so I'm thinking the carbon ones will be perfect.

DD76EF8D D79A 4A57 97F4 8C0926E16898
Just been emailed the tailpipes and like i thought its carbon 4” ones for me.

All this talk of tips. I need to change mine
7328cfbf86a8bf1f7fe015bb9bf4d767.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I do like staggered tips from my Mercedes days they were on all the amg’s and a few diesels did the upgrade they do look the part.

Ive always loved the ovals though like the rs4/6 i wouldn't mind giving them a go down the line i may have to do some cutting though unless i get the s4 diffuser like you :)

they wont fit the normal a4 valance ricky even with cutting.
here's why.
IMG 1192 1

Its been about a month since I've had the eibach sportline springs fitted now and I've just realised i had two near identical angles of before and after so for anyone interested in these springs this is the difference in height....

Before-
59D8036A AAA0 4DF0 9A7C 4382E0A887F4

After-
5A107E56 97BF 4014 9CB1 6EF08F087351

Reactions: AvantMike and Sidrick
yep, looks nice, low but not silly low.:icon thumright:

Reactions: AvantMike and Ricky Burrows
Definitely happy with the way it sits now :)

Thanks sam1989 i do really love the wheels, i couldn’t afford my dream wheels (oz ultralegerra’s) so these are not a bad 2nd choice tbf lol

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Yeah I was a bit shocked with the price of the oz alloys. I’d be so paranoid about scratching them if I ever spent that much on wheels ha. But yeah yours are a very nice compromise. Car looks great.

Yeah I was a bit shocked with the price of the oz alloys. I’d be so paranoid about scratching them if I ever spent that much on wheels ha. But yeah yours are a very nice compromise. Car looks great.
Im literally the worst person with wheels or my car in general and tbh lol i get paranoid when it goes in a garage, i hate people driving my car, brake dust is like the devil to me!

I'm dreading the day the kids get older and i cant use kids spaces anymore as well, ill end up getting a tandem pushbike for me and the mrs instead of driving at this rate so it stays nice and damage free lol.

Is it these bolts at the back of the caliper i need to remove? Two at the top as well to remove caliper so i can change discs and pads?
9A9EA6F3 FED3 4272 9A16 21889035704D

crack on then chap....don't forget plenty of tea and biscuits allways help, well they do for me..:haha:

So front mtec (so called drilled) discs & pads....it was good and bad fitting them tbh.

Start with the bad-
Found a split abs wire from when those pirate mechanics f***ed up the pinch bolt putting the lowering springs on and the other bad bit is I'm not happy with the look of the discs, i had the impression it was a lot more drilled than it is, really not keen on the look of it I definitely prefer oem discs.

Now the good-
Well the fact i did it on my own! Never done anything like that and it was some what soothing i had a chat to myself did some meditating and enjoyed doing it tbh :) took me about 2 hours all together, once i did the one side and figured out how it all come apart and went together i did the other side in less than half the time.

Ill keep you updated on how they perform once bedded in :)

Before:
C9B7569A 4705 49B4 AD2A D1C9F381057B

After:
4D489285 81C0 4EB0 AE33 DB1AC834294D

Reactions: Sam1989 and AvantMike
You've put the discs on the wrong way

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk