2.0TDi PD - REmap or superchips Bluefin?

M7R

Type Approval Engineer,
Reaction score
Website
www.dubclique.com
Im looking to get my 140bhp A4 remapped, but im unsure if to go a superchips bluefin set up so I have the choice to take the map off if I want, or do I go somewhere else live revo and have a fixed remap? what are peoples views? im looking for more power when needed but with out a hit in economy, (my pd golf was fitted witha tuning box from dragon that took it from 115 to 145 and that still did 50+mpg under normal driving)

cheers

Karl.

imo avoid revo, waaaay to harsh of a map on the diesels. ive been there with revo on my pd130 golf and it was imo a 0-60 map with no top end. it was also so aggressive that it humped my clutch. im not the only person to of said this about revo. i goto many dub/audi car shows and have got talking to many people who have had their cars mapped by revo and quite a few of them have said they find revo too aggresive. bluefin does look very good, as does custom code.

im a bit worried by the lack of graphs etc on the revo site, at least I know the bluefin one doesnt look too peaky and should be ok...ill await more info and views

I have had bluefin on mine since day 1, now covered 21k wih no issues - still does 50mpg.

My car has Bluefin on also - I'm up to 18k and have had no problems since adding it at 250 miles.

There's a link in my sig to a VCDS plot I did on the car. It's about right for the car according to Superchips (emailed it to Jamie, the technical director @ Superchips for input). He said they could increase the map, but then the smoke would greatly increase. I'd rather stick to the smokeless option.

Anyway I'm getting about 172bhp with 268 lb/ft of torque which I'm happy with - and I get 48-50mpg out of it no problem.

The Superchips map on the 140TDi is very good.

We had a customer come in for a dyno session who had a bluefin who wanted to see what the actual difference was. Very smooth graphs and impressive top end power.

cheers for the input, im defo going for a bluefin now, It was supost to be this month but thats gone out of the window due to a steering rack failure thats cost shed loads to put right.

I read most of the posts and finally went for a Bluefin on my 2005 2.0 TDI A3....why oh why didn't i do it sooner???....it revs like my old S2 Golfgti...happy days plus I get 45+ mpg :)

What about the chipped uk st3 box, its able to change between 3 different maps and its cheaper than a bluefin

I've re-done a number of PD TDi Superchip jobs recently, there seems to a number of issues in the files and some odd changes like 40% increase in fuelling but the limters not really changed. And the demanded boost raised, but the boost limiter is stock :s

I went for a remap from Motechpeformace in the end, Mike was very very helpful and the maps been brill up to now! if driven normally the economys no different to stock as you are using the stock Audi map, but when you boot it the map used is the modded one and my god does it make a differance! its not agressive but it just pulls and pulls and pulls!! I love it! oh and the best bit......£250 :rockwoot:http://www.motechperformance.co.uk/

Hi All,

I'm thinking of getting my a3 TD quattro re-mapped with http://www.motechperformance.co.uk/ . M7R I noticed you did this with them as well and was wondering how you are getting on. Do you still recomend them?
Has anyone else used their maps and what do u think in comparism fo bluefin maps.

thanks.

I need some help please I've got a A3 2.0 tdi 170 quattro sport 2006 reg and I was thinking about getting a remap/chip but I don't no nothing about it I live in Nottingham/derby area so if any one can tell me were to go I would be grateful. How much extra bhp would it give me and how much will it cost thanks....

I need some help please I've got a A3 2.0 tdi 170 quattro sport 2006 reg and I was thinking about getting a remap/chip but I don't no nothing about it I live in Nottingham/derby area so if any one can tell me were to go I would be grateful. How much extra bhp would it give me and how much will it cost thanks....
remap will give you a safe 30bhp (more if no dpf) crisper low down torque (mine rockets in 3rd and still pulls at 110 in sixth) about £350.Colin at ECU Chip Tuning for Petrol & Diesel Cars: CNL Remapping Ltd
will come to you.Each remap is individual to your car, not generic.He keeps a back up too.Best mod i ever did

I know a guy at Autotech in Ripley who did a great job on mine and a few friends Mondeos.

Got 35bhp increase and nearly 90lb torque increase on my mates, it pulls like a train!

hi guys, just installed bluefin on my 2005 audi a6 2.0tdi and i seem to be getting a stuttering under acceleration, is this the same with your cars? i am pretty sure it wasnt there before although i do have a new fuel filter waiting to go in as the old one looks as if its not been changed in a long while as the galv coating is starting to go that white furry looking way

Hi mate,
Did you get the stuttering sorted?
Considering a bluefin as well on my A3 but there do seem to be a few cheaper alternatives.

my A3 stutters some times too when accelerating hard - i always assumed its because the wheels were slipping and the ASR/ESP was kicking in. could be wrong though.