2.0TDI LUK Clutch and DMF

Tommmygunnn

Reaction score
Hi guys,

2 months ago had the DPF removed, de-cat and a stage 1 remap...now the clutch is slipping on mid-high acceleration in 4th, 5th and 6th gear So i'm driving like a granny to keep it going as long as possible. Car is at 88k so i guess it is about expected after a remap and this mileage. Unfortunately the list of work my car needs doing just keeps increasing.

Just wondering who has used the LUK clutch and flywheel? Is it classed as a standard part or is it classed as uprated? Cant really afford to go all out on a Sachs clutch to be honest. Can get the luk clutch and dmf for around £400 online. Labor costs are probably going to be a bit scary too I imagine.

Seems to be one thing after another with this car... im thinking of getting clutch and everything else fixed etc done on it then selling it and getting something brand new. It's a shame as I love the vehicle.

I've just had this done in January. I bought the clutch, DMF and slave cylinder for £430 online, and had a local garage fit it for £200. I've got a 140 TDI, remapped to about 175bhp, and it doesnt slip for me.

I think the same clutch is fitted to both the 170 and 140 though, so I knew I had some headroom having the 140.

I have the 170 which is remapped to over 200bhp and have just had a new LUK Clutch and DMF fitted with no slip...............yet