2.0tdi bigger rear brakes ?

jay1601

Reaction score
hi guys after some advice, want some bigger rear brakes as they look stupid compared to the 345 up front

What can I use that will be a straight swap? I've had a search around and can't find anything useful

300mm B6 or B7 S4s are direct bolt on. Discs, pads, caliper carrier and wee mod to handbrake cable and you're good to go. RS4s etc all require a fair bit more work. I did S4s after I changed to Cayennes up front and the car feels a lot more balanced.

Reactions: dimitar.tuntov.5
I've done the same set up as Ajax and everything is a direct bolt on. The A4 has the the same master cylinder as the RS4 so can handle the 6 pots no problem. Rears are just a bigger and wider disc with a bigger carrier, caliper is more or less the same piston wise.

300mm B6 or B7 S4s are direct bolt on. Discs, pads, caliper carrier and wee mod to handbrake cable and you're good to go. RS4s etc all require a fair bit more work. I did S4s after I changed to Cayennes up front and the car feels a lot more balanced.

Hi ajax: So what exactly needs to be done to handbrake cable??

The normal A4 one is fractionally shorter than the S4 one. The difference is gained by adjusting the cable's route, I did it by moving the retaining brackets on the rear wishbones slightly to gain the extra bit, read of others ditching the brackets and just using cable ties. Easy 5min job and nothing to worry about, the S4s also have vented rear discs so it's a worthwhile upgrade. I got my calipers and carriers from a breaker for £150, discs and pads aren't expensive for them too.

sounds good, S4 rears added to the mods list then...
Thanks a lot ;)

I never had to adjust the handbrake cable. Not had any issues

2.0 TDI FWD s line , parts guy wants the size to make sure they fit

I'm selling a rs4 rear set up complete like new if you would be interested, 330mm discs with new ferrodo pads, calipers and hoses for £450 also got front rs4 set up to match for more