2.0 Tdi exhaust help

RosMc

Reaction score
Was hoping someone could help me with this.

I have a 2005 A4 Avant 2.0 Tdi (140). I have the twin exhaust on the left side of the car, but have noticed that the 170's have the pipes on both sides. It looks so much better on the 170 and im wondering if its possible to fit a 170 exhaust to my 140. If so, has anyone done it?

Now i appreciate that the rear bumper / splitter will need to be changed but that easy enough, and that a heat shield would need to be fitted. I assume the chassis is the same underneath, so in my head at least it seems possible.

Anyone know anything about this?

ry%3D320

Someone on here bought a milltek exhaust like what your after, as far as I know he needed a new heat shield, some brackets and the lower part of the bumper. He had all the bits for sale a while ago, I wish i had of bought them now. check out what he had here > http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=67436

It's quite feasible mate, a fairly popular mod in the B6 section. I'm sure I have seen it done in the B7 section too, have a search through ;)

Will certainly look a lot better :cool:

Hello Mate!

Sorry for the late reply to this and thanks for the PM too. I am the one who did this on my 140 and in all fairness it's a piece of ****.

Basically you buy the Miltek from 170 2.0 TDi. Pop down the Audi stealer and get the parts guy to order you up the parts to hang the exhaust on the right hand side which he can look up for you from any 2.0t, 170tdi, 3.0 tdi etc no problem. It consists of 2 hangers and a heat sheild.

You also need the rear trim part to convert it to a dual sided bumper. All in this will probably cost you about £100 not including the painting of the rear lower bumper part.

Take the plastic protection off from underneath, install the heat sheild using the same screws/clips you just took off. Install the hangers (4 bolts), fit the rear bumper trim (about 4 screws I think) and your ready for the Miltek.

Miltek goes on a breeze using the Audi mounting points and you end up with this:

IMG_9679800x600.jpg

IMG_9681800x600.jpg

IMG_9688800x600.jpg

audi_rear.jpg