2.0 tdi 140 engine breathing heavy?

Zaac

Reaction score
Took my dipstick out today whilst car was running and there was a light steam/smoke coming from the dipstick hole... my mech said the engine was breathing heavy, couldn't put it down to rings because at cold starting the car there is no smoke etc to suggest rings.... its a 2.0 tdi b7 s-line 140bhp.... any ideas where to start? no fault codes no nothing out the ordinary... just seems strange it's breathing like that?

Someone no doubt will come along and tell me it's completely normal or something single to check and fix to put my mind at rest lol just brought it 2 days ago £5k biggest spend i've ever had on a car so a bit nervous atm i did get a warranty but a quick look online suggests the warranty isn't worth the paper it's written on..

Unless its using oil I wouldn't worry,it was something mechanics used to check for years ago but I have come across many healthy engines that breath very heavily, so personally I don't bother looking at that any more as it means nothing.

I brought it from a dealership as mentioned above and only had part service history so im going to monitor the oil level and do a oil change in the next 3000 miles (i say 3000 miles so i can accurately monitor the level and usage)

Thanks!

Also they do use a bit of oil because now the oil is so thin,5w 30 so I would be happy with half a liter every two fill ups (1000 miles ish)

Lol round the town i get about 100-120 miles to £20... that any good lol