2.0 TDI 140 DSG DMF replacement options?

RS84

R15 - TDI Power
Reaction score
Don't think there's anything wrong with my DMF, but seeing as the car is now 5 years old was half thinking that precautionary measures mightn't be a bad idea.

Couple of questions...

The OEM DMF fitted to the 2.0 TDI 140 DSG is the Luk one yes?

Is there a Sachs DMF for this engine gearbox combo?

Are the Luk and Sachs DMFs interchangeable? I've heard on the manual 2.0 TDI 140 that the Sachs DMF is fine and it's the Luk one that ends up shaking itself to pieces.

How much would I be looking at for a new DMF? Where can they be purchased? I've heard they can only be bought from Audi... this true?

Cheers fellas!

See my post about my DMF knocking, some useful info. But in shory, you can get the whole lot on ebay, you can have a performance upgrade, you can go for an SMF conversion.....

Cheers for the reply Mark.

But I was wondering specifically about the DMF that's mated with the DSG box. I don't believe it's the same as the manual one...

its a sad day when you've shelled out £0000's on an "good quality" Audi and your thinking about having to do precautionary work to it @ 5 years old. you dont get this hassle with other marques! ive been very disappointed with my "Audi experience"

Owning an Audi is indeed a form of self punishment... martyrdom even...

We're all guaranteed a seat beside the big man himself in heaven.