2.0 T petrol engine on Audi A3 06 plate

Tricky123

Reaction score
evening, all

new round here, so am trying to get to grips with search facility, but before I do, can anyone assist please.

Had a lovely old A4 Avant 2.5TDI Quattro Sport until it's turbo went at 259k miles earlier this year and so have been on the lookout for a suitable replacement whilst using our old E Class estate.

The dad of one of my boy's classmates has a lovely looking Grey 5 door A3 on an 06 plate. S line, leather, sunroof, auto gearbox with paddle shift. Really nice looking car that I often see and admire.

Anyway, they're moving abroad it would seem and he's offered me first refusal on it. Superbo.

However, I just happen to bump into my mechanic today at the shops and mention this - initially slightly worried about the dual clutch - and he launches into a warning about oil consumption and the way the oil is fed into the Pistons and doom and gloom.

I really trust this fella, but I really wanna buy the car!

What I don't want to do is turn up in 6 months time at his garage looking at a 3 grand engine re-build.

So is this all true then about oil consumption and engine wear?

Does is apply to this engine from 06?

It says 2.0 T on the back of the car...does that mean FSI and the dodgy engine? on an 06 plate?

Is this even a sensible choice for me who drives maybe 20k a year?

Need to look into it and am meeting him over the weekend to discuss so not sure onmileage exactly, but am guessing c100k.

How much should I look to pay for it, by the way? Am hoping for a slight fire sale/mates rates scenario if I'm lucky...

I'll leave it with you all

Many thanks in advance....

Any thoughts on this one, chaps?

Concerned about this 06 2.0tfsi engine after reading other threads.

Or is it only later years that are affected?

All thoughts/ideas/advice/experience very much appreciated.

SC

evening, all

new round here, so am trying to get to grips with search facility, but before I do, can anyone assist please.

Had a lovely old A4 Avant 2.5TDI Quattro Sport until it's turbo went at 259k miles earlier this year and so have been on the lookout for a suitable replacement whilst using our old E Class estate.

The dad of one of my boy's classmates has a lovely looking Grey 5 door A3 on an 06 plate. S line, leather, sunroof, auto gearbox with paddle shift. Really nice looking car that I often see and admire.

Anyway, they're moving abroad it would seem and he's offered me first refusal on it. Superbo.

However, I just happen to bump into my mechanic today at the shops and mention this - initially slightly worried about the dual clutch - and he launches into a warning about oil consumption and the way the oil is fed into the Pistons and doom and gloom.

I really trust this fella, but I really wanna buy the car!

What I don't want to do is turn up in 6 months time at his garage looking at a 3 grand engine re-build.

So is this all true then about oil consumption and engine wear?

Does is apply to this engine from 06?

It says 2.0 T on the back of the car...does that mean FSI and the dodgy engine? on an 06 plate?

Is this even a sensible choice for me who drives maybe 20k a year?

Need to look into it and am meeting him over the weekend to discuss so not sure onmileage exactly, but am guessing c100k.

How much should I look to pay for it, by the way? Am hoping for a slight fire sale/mates rates scenario if I'm lucky...

I'll leave it with you all

Many thanks in advance....

Bump?!

Any thoughts on this one, chaps?

Concerned about this 06 2.0tfsi engine after reading other threads.

Or is it only later years that are affected?

All thoughts/ideas/advice/experience very much appreciated.

SC

I've got the 2.0tfsi engine code bwa in my a3, its the golf gti engine and it's pretty good. The a4's have the dodgey 2.0t engines - the BUL engine can be a nightmare.
With the a3 2.0t they are good- but poor servicing can wreck the best of engines so put in good oil and change it every 6k miles and you'll be fine