1999 S3

Bradley Ennini

Reaction score
Hi there Guys and Girls, looking for some help with my car!

The engine originally fitted is an APY but it’s seized on me so I’ve bought an AMK after being told it’s the same but now I’ve got the new engine I’ve noticed that it’s got VVT and my APY doesn’t!

Is there anything I can do to sort this issue other than get another engine or loom? Can I run the engine how it is without plugging the vvt in?

All help appreciated!

Hi there Guys and Girls, looking for some help with my car!

The engine originally fitted is an APY but it’s seized on me so I’ve bought an AMK after being told it’s the same but now I’ve got the new engine I’ve noticed that it’s got VVT and my APY doesn’t!

Is there anything I can do to sort this issue other than get another engine or loom? Can I run the engine how it is without plugging the vvt in?

All help appreciated!

I might be wrong but just swap the non vvt tensioner over to your new engine and should be fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bradley Ennini
You can leave it unplugged (not that there is anything to plug into it on your loom)... it won't make any difference as its just a tensioner unplugged... you don't need to change it..

You will need to 'delete' you SAI if you haven't already as AMK's don't have it

<tuffty/>

Reactions: Bradley Ennini
You can leave it unplugged (not that there is anything to plug into it on your loom)... it won't make any difference as its just a tensioner unplugged... you don't need to change it..

You will need to 'delete' you SAI if you haven't already as AMK's don't have it

<tuffty/>

Thankyou so much mate! Appreciate your help so much! Been trying to figure it out for 2 days now! Thankyou again!