B&O upgrade or bespoke?!

jbee3

Reaction score
Hi there - I've got a 2009 S4 Avant with the standard Audi audio system. To fit the 'factory' B&O system is £1800+VAT. Does anyone have any experience of doing something a bit more bespoke, i.e. Alpine or Pioneer or other amp / speakers??

yes i have a lot of experiance doing stuff like this
ive been building car audio and competition audio systems for over twenty years now

Ah nice. I used to be really into custom systems years ago. What do you think of the price of the B&O retrofit?

not exactly sure whats included in the retrofit , but i will say ive never heard a factory fitted system which was even halve as good as an aftermarket bespoke one

£1800 is a very nice system in bespoke territory if you spend the money wisely and where its needed

If I was you I would be looking along the lines of Genesis, Phoenix Gold etc. If £1800 is your budget then you could have one hell of a system, as dualmono says I have never heard a stock system sound as good as a bespoke even if it is supposedly Bose etc. I think that is more of a marketing ploy if I'm honest as Bose home audio is fantastic.

I have just got my A3 and it has a Bose system in it, although it isn't a touch on my complete Genesis system in my Focus I think I will leave it be as it must help with resale value having Bose but I might add a sub for a bit more bass.

That said, I *might* be selling my Genesis kit from my Focus. If I do I will put it in the relevant section on this board as well as TalkAudio (a fantastic ICE forum).

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…