Stereo background noise

Stuart35205

Reaction score
Today I have just fitted an after market kenwood to my 2000 a3 8L , the rear is run off the audi amp I believe aswell as the rear sub , it all works ok but with the sound down low there is a background whine from the rear ? Any ideas pls?
Cheers
Stuart

You're probably using the hopeless speaker input adapter PC9-408, you need to use the RCA input adapter PC9-404
This uses a straight connection between your pre-outs and the rear amp, the one you have uses a cheap hi-lo converter on your rear speaker connection which introduces hiss and alternator whine

Hate the 408 with a passion. Always found connects2 or incartec leads give you less hassle in most cases

Cheers for the reply I believe I am using the pc9-408 which takes the green& purple wires & connects them to the red audi plug for the rear and its switched on with the remote output (blue wire from hu) so if I use the pc9-404 is this the one with phono leads in the kit?

Yes that's the one (as long as you have rear RCA's/phono's on the Kenwood)

Yes cheers only a pair tho that should be enough looking at the pic of the wiring kit!
cheers
stuart

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…