ECS 13.1"/332mm Disks

AL_B

Reaction score
What they like then Rich? Any good?

Is 556.17+VAT a good price for some disks? Does that include some pads or not? And is it right they can be used with standard calipers?

My front pads are down to 20% left. So I'm going to have to do something soon. I know Glen used to use Forge Drilled OEM disks with GreenStuff (?) pads. Which seemed good enough for him.

So I'm looking for a cheap upgrade to the standard brakes, so just wondered if these ECS disks are worth their money over something like EBC drilled & grooved.

Cheers

AL

[ QUOTE ]
What they like then Rich? Any good?

Is 556.17+VAT a good price for some disks? Does that include some pads or not? And is it right they can be used with standard calipers?

My front pads are down to 20% left. So I'm going to have to do something soon. I know Glen used to use Forge Drilled OEM disks with GreenStuff (?) pads. Which seemed good enough for him.

So I'm looking for a cheap upgrade to the standard brakes, so just wondered if these ECS disks are worth their money over something like EBC drilled & grooved.

Cheers

AL

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Al,

To be perfectly honest, i'd go for something cheaper for discs/pads. Either that or spend the extra and go for a caliper/disc upgrade.

For around £240+vat we can do OE slotted discs, and mintex pads which will be an improvement over standard, yet not cost the earth!

RIch

Thanks Rich for the honest advice.

I have worked out that from 20% left on the pads, on average, I should get about 8600 miles out of them. So It gives me time to save up a bit, and maybe get the capliper upgrade too.

Those disks look nice though. Do they perform well?

AL

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks Rich for the honest advice.

I have worked out that from 20% left on the pads, on average, I should get about 8600 miles out of them. So It gives me time to save up a bit, and maybe get the capliper upgrade too.

Those disks look nice though. Do they perform well?

AL

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup. They are OE quality discs that ECS have slotted so are good quality. They do drilled also, but i'd tend to stick with just slotted.

Rich