18" avus wheels s8 or s4??????

electricracer

Reaction score
finally come to a decision as to what wheels i want. avus but the 18" version (just to be that little bit different). have been doing a bit of research and am i right in thinking that the offset for a b5 is 35?. if so what is the offset for the s8 wheels? and would i have to run spacers? if so how big?. and is the later s4 (b6 or7??) a different offset? in other words are there two different types of 18" avus wheel? that would fit. i would rather run without spacers if possible. and also what size tyre should i run?

The correct offset for a B5 is 45, This is what every standard B5 rim comes in, and the suspension is designed for.

You may find however that when people fit larger rims, they lower the offset. This is usually because the larger rim is wider, and the extra width catches on the inside, If the wheels will fit the car with an offset of 45 then that offset should be used.

I know from looking at my brothers S4 the stock rims come VERY close to the upright on the rear, and they are 7.5x17" in ET45. Fitting an 8x18" rim at ET45 on a quattro would almost certainly catch on that upright and would require either spacers, or a lower offset rim to fit, i suspect there may be more room on a FWD though.

Basically, you want to stay as close to ET45 as you can, but its often not possible.

you want et35 for 18x8.5 wheels

my bbs's are 18x8 and et37

the S8's are hard to find - set just went on ebay for £360

I have s4 originals on my tsport in 17 which are et45