177PS fuel consumption ?

phils4s

Reaction score
Hi, I know there are a few threads about fuel consumption but mines going in to Audi for airbag recall on Friday & I wondered if anyone has similar MPG to me to see if it's worth asking them to check it while it's in.
Mine is a 2013 A4 Avant Quattro Black Edition with the 2.0 177ps diesel, 6 speed manual box & our general driving consists of 4 miles to work & 4 miles back twice a week & 5 miles to the gym & 5 miles back 3 times a week plus a few longer runs ( maybe 10 - 20 miles ) on a weekend when I try to give her a good blast once warmed up. Trip computer was showing around 32 MPG so I've checked it myself over 2 tanks & it worked out pretty much the same. Before I checked it over 2 tanks on a reasonably steady 110 mile round trip on A roads & dual carriageways the trip only showed 39mpg ?
Car had done 35k miles prior to us buying her in November most of which was motorway miles so DPF should be ok as we've only done about 1500 miles since then.
Our previous car was a BMW X5 3.0 diesel auto which was re-mapped to 260bhp & over the same driving would do 24 / 25 mpg & I would get 36 / 37 on same 110 mile round trip. Now given that the X5 had an extra 1.0 litres, an auto box, weighed about 400kg more & was running 275 & 315 section tyres ( 255's on A4 ) the A4's consumption is a little disappointing. I'd be interested what MPG anyone who does similar trips with same engine etc is getting ?
Cheers, Phil.