2010 a3 sline quattro front grill trim

66sean

Reaction score
Hi just a new member so sorry if this topic is already covered, my black 2010 quattro s line has a chrome front grill trim surround but i fancy making it black. As far as i can see there are a couple of options, 1, an s3 grill with black trim already on, 2, change the chrome trim on mine to black with a new part or find a used chrome one and spray it ( dont want to do that to mine just yet ) I have seen a chrome trim only for sale off a 2006 S3 and wondered if this would fit mine ? any thoughts would be helpful. thanks

No S3 grills will fit yours from any year as the bumpers are different. You can either get a black edition grill or buy an after market black one which would be cheaper. Do a search as its been discussed at length before...

A 2006 one wouldnt fit your car as that is an 8p2 chasis and yours is 8p3 2008-> model

Thanks for the quick info. Ive just read how to search and having a look through some threads about similar mod. cheers.

No S3 grills will fit yours from any year as the bumpers are different. You can either get a black edition grill or buy an after market black one which would be cheaper. Do a search as its been discussed at length before...

I think any of the 8P3 A3 and S3 grilles will fit any 8P3 A3/S3? Rob had an S3 grille (before he dinked it) and now RS3 grille on his S-Line Black Edition?

S3 Grille on S-Line Black Edition:

Last edited:
I thought the S3 grill was not as tall due to the different bumper and bigger air intakes along the bottom.

Yep, i can confirm that the Black Edition, S3 and RS3 grilles will fit your 2010 S Line Bumper. You cant just buy the Black surround, as Audi dont sell it as a seperate part number. If you go don't the paintng route ( i did this on the last A3) would recommend you get the chrome surround etch primed, undercoated, then top coated by a bodyshop ideally, as it would overwise be prone to flaking. I have a Chrome surround that has been vinyl wrapped, so that other be another route.

Or get one of these

I think any of the 8P3 A3 and S3 grilles will fit any 8P3 A3/S3? Rob had an S3 grille (before he dinked it) and now RS3 grille on his S-Line Black Edition?

S3 Grille on S-Line Black Edition:

This is the look Im after, I will have a look for one if the trim is not available seperately to swap mine over. Thanks

This is the look Im after, I will have a look for one if the trim is not available seperately to swap mine over. Thanks

just pm'd you 66sean