170 TDi Re-map??

Pablo Pirate

Reaction score
Howdo!

I seem to have read loads of threads on Re-maps/Bluefin/chip/Tuning Boxes that me head is spinning.....so thought I would ask.

Not after out right power (However it's always nice) - want a drivable package that improves fuel consumption and response and not a embarrassing black cloud every time I put me foot down.
My car is a 57plate A3 170 DSG (Had an Alfa GT that had been mapped which made a vast difference, however this also had it's downsides - clutch being to weak, black smoke being punted out). I believe the car has DPF??? Has anyone ran a remapped car for a considerable time? Any issues??
Initially looking to Unicorn for a map - anyone have a map from these guys? Any feedback?

Any experience/advice/direction most welcome.

Cheers Pablo

Mapped mine at 30K miles, ran it with the DPF for 20K before removing it and encountered zero issues. Have run without the DPF for 7k and still have had no issues. Clutch is still intact along with all the other hardware and it was rolling roaded at 205bhp and 320lbs ft torque.

Since DPF removal it returns a steady 49mpg

Had my 57 170 SB Quattro for over a year, had it remapped just after buying it. Never had a DPF issue, done 8k miles with a mix of town and light use of A roads. I drive in a spirited fashion as they say, remap carried out by E Maps.

MPG low to mid forties....remember its a quattro.

S

Just mapped mine with a Shark STS unit & & well impressed, the power delivery is so smooth but it has buckets of torque which is easily enough to smoke the tyres at +4k rpm when gunning it, driven gently though & it's such a nice drive.