16575 - Fuel Pressure Sensor (G247) Implausible Signal

jb0o

Reaction score
Website
jonathan-butler.co.uk
Just on my way back from Halifax and when I accelerated the car lost power for a second and then picked back up again. Car was feeling fairly sluggish too.

Ran a VCDS scan and came up with the following:

Thursday,24,March,2011,12:42:58:62129
VCDS Version: Release 10.6.3 (x64)

Address 01: Engine Labels: 03C-906-056-BAG.lbl
Control Module Part Number: 03C 906 056 AE HW: Hardware No
Component and/or Version: MED9.5.10 G00 5707
Software Coding: 0000072
Work Shop Code: WSC 06435 000 00000
VCID: 66C6228328E1
1 Fault Found:

16575 - Fuel Pressure Sensor (G247): Implausible Signal
P0191 - 008 - Implausible Signal

Readiness: 0000 0001

Checked with Ross Tech Wiki:

Possible Causes

• High/Low Fuel Pressure implausible
  • Low Fuel Level or Fuel Tank empty
  • Wiring and/or Connector(s) from/to Fuel Pressure Sensor (G247) faulty
  • Fuel Pressure Sensor (G247) faulty
Possible Solutions

• Check Fuel Tank Level
  • Check Fuel Pressure
  • Check Wiring and/or Connector(s) from/to Fuel Pressure Sensor (G247)
  • Check/Replace Fuel Pressure Sensor (G247)

Am I right in thinking that because the fault was quite aparant that it isn't the sensor that is faulty, as the problem is obviously there? Or could the problem be caused by a faulty sensor??

I've got a 1/2 tank at the minute so that can't be the problem.

All thats left is to get the fuel pressure checked.. Audi Dealership job?

Thanks in advance,
- Jonny

From your description, I would have the fuel pressure tested. Could the sensor be bad? Yes and that could effect the pump's ability to pump as the sensor would send the pump control wrong information about pressure level. You could look for a live data value from the fuel pressure sensor to see if the sensor value makes sense but ultimately, you need to know what the pressure is and whether or not the pump is producing enough pressure to deliver the fuel required.

Car took a lot longer than usual to start this morning.

I've got a sneaky suspicion that the Fuel Pump could be the culprit. If so... could be a good excuse to do the 09 Cluster upgrade...

Urmm I have an under rear bench fuel pump here, not sure would be suitable for your fsi though as derv version, whats your part number, you could disconnect the pipe in the bay & stick it into a bucket etc & turn engine over to see if the pipe is feeding fuel 1st, if not, then I'd be looking at the bench pump, not sure if your car has the tandem pump on right side of engine or if thats derv only, but this has also been known to be funny sometimes.

Cheers Nige,

Have checked ETKA against my engine code (BAG) and have found the part number for the fuel pump is: 03C 127 025 L.

By tandem pump would that also be the vacuum pump as in ETKA when I searched for 'fuel pump' the vacuum pump came up as well but that was only available on Diesels.

The car did start up and its runs fine until 3k revs to I can only assume that if it is the fuel pump that its okay at the minute, but could be having a tantrum and will soon be on the way out.

Have exactly the same problem and error with my car. Did you find the miraculous fix for yours?

I have a VCDS handy if any data needed.

Cheers!
A desperate fsi owner.