Saloon Window Removal

tonya4

TDi Powerrrr
Reaction score
hi,how easy is it to remove the small side window,behind the rear doors,on a ssloon?
thanks in advance
tony

Horrible, horrible job and nearly impossible without breaking something. Even a pro auto glass fitter will struggle with these!

um ok,was hoping they might bolt in like vectra b's do

thanks
tony

There's little clips on the trim that you cant get off without breaking. I tried getting one out of a breaker for someone and gave up after mangling/breaking stuff. I spoke to an Autoglass mate about it and he said they are a nightmare

you on about the quarter window in the door or the one in the car?

if its in the door its not that bad......
bob the door card off (remove screws and slot it upwards!), unbolt the frame off the door (4x45 torx bolts) (marking where the bolts and adjustment wedges were before unbolting them) unclip the wiring loom off the frame, send the motor/window reg fully down, unplug the window motor.
remove the frame from the door and put it somewhere you can work on it (lounge floor?) then remove the main window. remove the bar inbetween the quarter glass and where the main window was, the quarter glass will now come out.

when putting it together the marks you made (red touch up pen/brush is best) to the bolts and wedges are invaluable to get the adjustment and fit back where it was!

ive never changed the one thats in the car so can't comment on that....

I know of a lad with a B3 90 (the rear quarter glass fits the same) and he's just had one smashed. It's possibly going to write off the car...

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…