Defected from an A3 to an A1

dakmaster

Reaction score
Recently ordered an A1 BE, wasn't overly keen on the A1 when it first came out, but now i love the looks. Especially the black edition Spec is:

A1 2.0 TDI BE in Daytona Grey
Technology Pack
Bose System
Cruise Control
Auto Dim Mirror
Folding door mirrors
Front centre armrest

Should be ready mid september!

I think I'll be doing the same later this year. I don't dislike the new A3 but not overly impressed and the prices are too high for what it is. The other possibility is the new A class but the diesel engines seem poor!

If I do get the A1 will be pretty much the same spec as you've gone minus the tech pack.

Hi slade, as i've been trawling the A1 threads i've noticed u a few times.
Seems you have alot of love for the A1 also. I've only had my A3 a few months, and whilst i think it's a great car, to me it just seems to lack something.
It's spent way to many years on the 8p chassis, they should have bought a new model out earlier, freshen things up a bit.

Some say the A1 is a bit small, but there's only me driving it, and with the same power i reckon it should be a hoot

This is only my personal view, but i think the A1 has character and think my A3 is a bit bland. I can't live with ibis either

I have to say I totally agree. I love my A3 but with the new one coming out I think it's time to get rid and move on. Price is a big aspect for me and I don't want to stretch to the the new A3 prices.

Another thing that frustrates me about the 8p is lack of any equipment I know it's an older chassis but they could have given abit more for my £'s inside.

Ive driven a few A1's now and really impressed. Like you I very rarely need a boot or rear seats so the A1 is perfect. If the TT was a bit cheaper and the facelift came out sooner id be aiming to one of those.

My girlfriend bought a 2012 A1 completion line with full decal kit, it's the 1.6 diesel and I think it's brilliant, drives great with the suspension pack and all the interior detailing and multimedia/sat nav etc. makes the cabin a joy to be in ... Performance is good and people seem to like it and it gets a lot of attention (a bit like my old Clio V6) ... It doesn't seem to be too much smaller than my S3 ...

Martin

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…