1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

150 & 184 tdi bhp turbo

linford-quattro Jun 1, 2020

1. linford-quattro

linford-quattro Active Member

has anyone upgraded the turbo on either the 150 or the 184 variant tdi. what were the gains after mapping

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. CanadaA3wales

CanadaA3wales Canadian living in South Wales - Audi A3 8V 150BHP

I would like to know as well.
    Do you not have to upgrade the Clutch and or Pistons as well to handle the increased power?
    I have a 150 and getting revo done to 200bhp without any mods, but a new turbo would interest me.

4. Damo S

Damo S Well-Known Member

Unless you have quattro Id say you are wasting your money. If you went over 200bhp (more specifically the problem is the huge amounts of torque not the power) then with FWD it will literally be spinning up all the time.
    I had an old focus diesel remapped from 135bhp to about 170bhp, more critically, to over 300lbs foot torque. That thing became almost undriveable in the wet, where it would spin the wheels up in 4th gear when the torque kicked in.

Dubjam likes this.
  5. Dubjam

Dubjam Active Member VCDS Map User

THIS.

6. Gazwould

Gazwould Well-Known Member

But because you felt close to death you never felt so alive...

There was an old £1500 Fiat Punto 1.9 Sporting someone bought and said goes like the wind.. yeah , right , f, me that thing was an early torque spike for sure , flew everywhere from low rpm , you just couldn't help but entertain yourself .

It must be dead by now .