Front parking sensors

leecool

Reaction score
Hi guys n gals, I've just washed my 2007 A3 Sportback S-Line, as I have many times. This time my front parking sensors have quit on me! Is it a case of water ingress & I need to let them dry out?
Cheers in advance for any advice!

How did you wash the car? I jet washed mine a few months ago & knackered my rear sensors. I havent had them fixed yet but i've had a go at blowing round the sensors with an airline but no joy still not working. I never jet wash my car now just use a good old hose with a bucket & sponge.

My car has just been in to have a new sensor fitted, apparently they are a sealed unit so once water gets in it can't get out and ruins the sensor

Chris

loudchris53:1455975 said:
My car has just been in to have a new sensor fitted, apparently they are a sealed unit so once water gets in it can't get out and ruins the sensor

Chris

This is probably a daft question but here it goes. Can you order the sensor colour coded or do you have to get the colour sorted yourself?

Oh ******! At least i know now. Cheers chris

Oh ******! At least i know now. Cheers chris

You can get them new on ebay and they'll colour them if you give them you're paint code.
I got one a few months ago, just search ebay for your 4 character colour code and you'll find a parking sensor.

Rear ones can be fitted without removing the bumper. All you need is a torch/mirror to get an idea of where it is on the inside and then a small flathead to open the latch on the end of the connector. Had it done in a couple of minutes.

Hi guys, cheers for all your comments & feedback. I did wash my car using a jetwash, but didnt blast the sensors too much.
Got in the car this morning & they were working fine. Water ingress was the problem! Hose pipe again from now on lol!

Check the rear of the sensors for water on the connector pins, its probably just this causing a short, once it dries out short removed, also sensors sealed units, supposedly yes, but if so, hows the water getting inside, typical vag spill.

Last edited: