Owen hits back at Azerbaijan jibe

I

imported_Yaseen

But Owen said: "If he checks my pre-match quotes he will realise that I never said anything about scoring five goals - I'd never be so disrespectful.

"But he'd be perfectly within his rights to criticise my performance - I've certainly had better games."

In a statement Owen added: "Fortunately I am a mentally strong person and believe I will learn from the experience and continue to improve as a player and person because of it."

Oi Owen- stop being such a wuss!! The coaches quotes include:

"He ought to clean his tongue and wash the boots of David Beckham as they are so wet tonight."

"Who is he anyway? "

"hope he is back on the bench when Real Madrid play this weekend."

And that was published in the media worldwide- and that the best Owen can defend himself with? what a coward. Id have hit back much better- The guy called you a midget for gods sakes /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

Definately well past his peak, and what the f*ck is Heskey still doing in the squad?
I thought this was football not a donkey derby. Roll on Peter Crouch, 6'7" ideal for the Beckham corners against all the midget sides like Italia.
Totally agree with IanL-S3, had the misfortune to catch some of that fly on the wall doc with Owen a while back and he is the Steve Davis of football, but then most sports "personalities" are boring as f*ck, look at Shearer/Coulthard etc. why else would they have so much time to practice?

[ QUOTE ]
Definately well past his peak,

[/ QUOTE ]

Noooo! Owen was never the player who scored that Argentina goal- it was only one of a few goals he has scored with that type of inspiration.

He has always been primarily a poacher so is not past his best at all. He is 25 and won`t reach his peak till 27ish. His display on Wed was simply due to him not playing enough for Real (where he scoring ratio as a sub is on par with anyone!).

He is still the best goalscorer we have when on form.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…