GPS receiver

deano16v

Reaction score
chaps/chapettes. got a facelift 00 B5 and i have a mobile phone with TomTom pre installed on it etc. I need to buy a GPS receiver to get it fully working etc but was just wondering with all the heat insulating galss etc will one work in my car?

TIA

Hi

I fitted Nav + recently, I fitted the GPS receiver under the dash, apparently it can see thro plastics, it is ok with glass too, previously I used a PDA which I had no probs with.

I think your only problem might be if you have a heated windscreen, if thats the case im pretty sure a shark fin GPS can be adapted to fit your PDA.

HTH

i dont think mine has a heated screen to be honest. I tried out a Rikala BT receiver and couldnt get a signal with it anywhere in the car, took it out and tried it in my 205 and got a signal straight away. Perhaps i'll need to get a receiver with an external arial then.

Cheers chaps

I've got a quick question regarding mounting the reciever in the boot with a constant power supply.

Does this effecty battery life (long term) if it is constantly powered? I was gonna do this with my BT Tomtom GPS reciever but the manual said not to! I occasionaly use the reciever in another car so the battery is quite usefull for me.

Any thoughts?

Cheers
Rich.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…