Leaving home lights problems

neilwaterhouse88

Reaction score
Hi guys I have a 2010 a3 sport and have just had the led xenon lights fitted and I'm trying to get the l/h lights working. The c/h lights work if I pull the stalk to flash the full beam before I get out but I can't get the lights to come on when I unlock the car.I don't have auto lights but I have put the repair wire into connector c pin 18 but no luck has anybody got any ideas?
Thank you for your time

mate thats a pretty tricky problem you have there, you mentioned the repair wire, perhaps the coding needs changed which can be found on here:

Audi Retrofit

Yes iv done the coding not sure what to try next I will check the repair wire when I get some time off after that I'm not sure

I think Coming home lights needs Auto lights to work as it uses the sensor to only work in the dark... Well that's how mine work anyway...

the pin position for comming home is different on 2010 cars, cant recall what pin though

Iv been told that it was block c pin 18 maybe that's not correct would be grateful if anybody could advise if this is the correct one or not

No auto-lights are not necessary

Then surely the lights would come on everytime you unlocked it then wouldn't they? My 2007 car and our new 2010 cars lights only come on when it's dark when locked and unlocked so the sensor must be used...

yeah the wire replicates a dark signal every time but beggers cant be choosers, lukily i have the full light package

Rite iv checked the wire and as long as in got the correct pin all is in well, iv got it earthed to a screw near the fuses is that ok? Any ideas what to look at next

Did you make progress with this Neil?

Keen to see if you establish the right pin to go for. I'm absolutely in the same position in terms of investigation and research to get Leaving Home lights working on a 2010 A3 :icon_thumright:

Cheers.