1 week review

Toonsoldier91

It's my birthday
Reaction score
after owning the A4 Avant for a week now I thought I would do a mini review.

First of I have to say it’s slowly won over me. It’s more practical for my family or 4 over my a3 saloon and rides nice, the a3 isn’t a bad rise by any means just seemed more bouncier

The interior lighting is fantastic ( just the normal led lighting ) makes it feel like a nice place to be on a night time

The exterior led headlamps are much better then my bi Xenons on the a3 mkre crisp and shine further aswell although the reflection off sign posts when using high beam can be blinding. The only thing I don’t like much is the all weather lights coming in below 25 at every junction and I’m sure they come on when Corning sometimes but not 100% sure, I can see why they do as on dark roads it helps light the Kurbs etc so is useful in its own way but hopefully I can get this programmed out so that I can decide when to use them but or maybe I’ll just ignore it and get used to it.

I have the 2.0tdi 190bhp model and it seems the pull well enough, mpg is slightly down on the a3 but as it’s a bigger car and heavier I can’t exspect anything more. A little bit of coasting up to junctions and I can get the short mpg up to around 50mpg and the long term is just under 46mpg so 3-4mpg down on the a3 but I didn’t like to hang around in that car so I would imagine if I put my foot down in the avant I’d see a big drop in mpg, the one bad point from the engine area is the gear stick shake. For a car costing 37k+ new it shouldn’t happen but I can say after a week of owning it I don’t really notice it much, only when going to change gears and I can feel it vibrating in my hand but over all it’s a smoother gear change then the a3

Overall I’m happy with the change and hopefully I’ll have another 2+ years hasslefree motoring in a Audi.

Thanks for reading and I hope i havnt bored you’d all to death

Reactions: Jcbmally, Audidave69, Bristle Hound and 4 others
after owning the A4 Avant for a week now I thought I would do a mini review.

First of I have to say it’s slowly won over me. It’s more practical for my family or 4 over my a3 saloon and rides nice, the a3 isn’t a bad rise by any means just seemed more bouncier

The interior lighting is fantastic ( just the normal led lighting ) makes it feel like a nice place to be on a night time

The exterior led headlamps are much better then my bi Xenons on the a3 mkre crisp and shine further aswell although the reflection off sign posts when using high beam can be blinding. The only thing I don’t like much is the all weather lights coming in below 25 at every junction and I’m sure they come on when Corning sometimes but not 100% sure, I can see why they do as on dark roads it helps light the Kurbs etc so is useful in its own way but hopefully I can get this programmed out so that I can decide when to use them but or maybe I’ll just ignore it and get used to it.

I have the 2.0tdi 190bhp model and it seems the pull well enough, mpg is slightly down on the a3 but as it’s a bigger car and heavier I can’t exspect anything more. A little bit of coasting up to junctions and I can get the short mpg up to around 50mpg and the long term is just under 46mpg so 3-4mpg down on the a3 but I didn’t like to hang around in that car so I would imagine if I put my foot down in the avant I’d see a big drop in mpg, the one bad point from the engine area is the gear stick shake. For a car costing 37k+ new it shouldn’t happen but I can say after a week of owning it I don’t really notice it much, only when going to change gears and I can feel it vibrating in my hand but over all it’s a smoother gear change then the a3

Overall I’m happy with the change and hopefully I’ll have another 2+ years hasslefree motoring in a Audi.

Thanks for reading and I hope i havnt bored you’d all to death
@Toonsoldier91 - Interesting thoughts
Thanks for sharing :thumbs up: