1 week in the RS4 is growing on me!

cosmicblue

Reaction score
So one week into B9 RS4 ownership and a few miles under the wheels the vehicle is growing on me - I can admit now that I seriously toyed with trying to undo the deal and get the previous RSQ3 back, missing the drama of the thing whilst not embracing the enormous capability of it's replacement.

Now I 'get' the B9 RS4 - it is a remarkably competent vehicle, the Sportdiff seems to add a capability to almost spit the car out of corners with a noticeable rear drive bias with DRC keeping everything flat which finds one looking for cross country routes with bends in. DRC is really subtle - it's only when one does things that would normally compress the suspension (hard acceleration, braking or cornering) that the feature makes it's presence felt - or rather it doesn't but provides the confidence to press on harder than ever. Love it!

The agility of the RS4 is such that it feels like it's the same length as a TT, amazing.

The one area I'm not massively impressed with is the B&O 3D sound system, which seems to lack bass and volume - I wonder if it's just mine or representative of the range. I've had B&Os in a couple of SQ5s and it was fine...a trip to a dealer to double-check I think.

Reactions: Terminator x, NevMan, Thundercliffe81 and 1 other person
So one week into B9 RS4 ownership and a few miles under the wheels the vehicle is growing on me - I can admit now that I seriously toyed with trying to undo the deal and get the previous RSQ3 back, missing the drama of the thing whilst not embracing the enormous capability of it's replacement.

Now I 'get' the B9 RS4 - it is a remarkably competent vehicle, the Sportdiff seems to add a capability to almost spit the car out of corners with a noticeable rear drive bias with DRC keeping everything flat which finds one looking for cross country routes with bends in. DRC is really subtle - it's only when one does things that would normally compress the suspension (hard acceleration, braking or cornering) that the feature makes it's presence felt - or rather it doesn't but provides the confidence to press on harder than ever. Love it!

The agility of the RS4 is such that it feels like it's the same length as a TT, amazing.

The one area I'm not massively impressed with is the B&O 3D sound system, which seems to lack bass and volume - I wonder if it's just mine or representative of the range. I've had B&Os in a couple of SQ5s and it was fine...a trip to a dealer to double-check I think.

The subby needs to bed in. Sorts itself out after a while mate. Glad you're enjoying it. I just got my B8 a couple of months ago. Loving it. Not sold on the lack of theatre/sound from the B9 but used to say never. Now I think I'll eventually get one. Very capable chassis with sports diff. You're right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: NevMan
I spent 15 mins on track with a shed load of RS3's recently. In years gone by I used to get dusted by other RS3 drivers yet this year not one overtook and I even overtook some of them! Do not underestimate this car.

TX.

Reactions: NevMan and Thundercliffe81
B&O definitely gets better once it’s bedded in. Also takes a fair bit of settings tweaking to get the best from it.

Reactions: NevMan
2 - weeks in, still enjoying it, as suggested Evil Derboy the B&O seems to be getting better. I enormous fun to drive and curiously I find that even the legal limit on a back road is grin-inducing, fantastic grip with DRC making cornering flat, an amazing vehicle.

Reactions: Terminator x, NevMan and Thundercliffe81