1.9 tdi boost problem

MarcBennett

Reaction score
About a month after I bought my A4 B7 1.9 tdi, I noticed on boost driving carefully it would boost then stop then boost then stop. It does this about 3 times then picks up, it's starting to do my head in now. And also, I took my engine cover off, and what appeared to be was a vac pipe lying on top of my engine, and for the life of me I can't find where it's came from! And on one end it looks like there's something inside it, like a snapped T piece end. Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

EGR snapped up, get it out and put blanking plates on, you'll thank me later.

Well when I had it remapped, I had the egr deleted. But this problem was before the remap. Any idea where to get blanking plates from? And is it an easy job? Cheers for the reply

Function deleted in the map?... Hmm would of thought it would be ok in that case... send us a picture of the pipe and end that's messed up and we'll try identify it.

Oh and the plates are all over eBay, if your by Birmingham you can come get one of mine free of charge or they cost a couple quid on links like this pair EGR BLANKING PLATE FOR VW T4, T5/AUDI ENGINES | eBay
Not the hardest job if you're alright with a spanner (I'm useless haha).

Yeah mate, here's the pics of the pipe
And yeah I can use a spanner, just about 🙈
And I'm in Chester mate, abit far for a blanking plate! Hahah would there be much point in blanking it if I've had it deleted?

8are9aza.jpg

vepeba2e.jpg

5asy9ybe.jpg

Last edited:
Oh ok, I was well off the mark... no idea what that is but it's not the EGR haha sorry.

I got one of my mates to have a quick look, he knows his stuff, and he noticed it has had a new starter motor. So he said could be from down that area somewhere, but he can't tell when it's not in the air haha

Take a look at the wastegate actuator on the turbo and follow the little pipe, this will either go back to the turbo/intercooler trunking or an electrical actuator.
Im not sure if vag uses vac or pressure to open the wastegate, possible vac as theres no clips on your pipe
Could also be the vanes in the vgt sticking, vids on youtube

Cheers I'll have a look tomorrow, and could you send me the link for that vid on YouTube? Cheers

Just search theres loads on there, qoogle will bring up loads of results as well