1.9 tdi 115 MPG?

BigPhysco

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Im new to this site and new to owning my audi A4. Just a query about my mpg on this 115 engine.
I am getting roughly between 31mpg and 40mpg kicking around the doors with a bit of carriage way, not much though. When Im on the motorway it ranges between 50 odd to nearly 60mpg.
I just got the car remapped by a garage i trust and have done many audi's so he knows what he is doing. He took it for a spin and said it should do more than that around the doors. He told me to run it for the week to see if it settle and if it doesnt bring it back in as it could have a vacuum leak or maf sensor could be starting to go. Now just wondering what others with the same engine are getting on mpg?

Cheers, Lee

Your clutch slipping at all? Could be a number of things and/or a rubbish map.

Clutch fine mate and I doubt map is rubbish as the same map has been done on loads of audi's with no probs. just wondering wat people are getting driving around town compared to motorway?

I rarely use mine around town but when I do I see around 35-40mpg on the DIS. On the motorway i'm getting only 45mpg (worked out properly and not going off what the DIS says).

I reckon my motorway mileage is poor but this could be down to heavy traffic and the cold weather (the car is mapped and running on V-Power diesel). I have had 50mpg out of it on a run though

i get ~50mpg to work (30ish miles, 20 motorway, 5 b roads and 5 city) increased to ~55mpg on a long (50 miles+, 56mph, no traffic) run...i dont have the dis computer, so i work it out the ye olde way. I get around ~40mpg city...but any less than 10 mile city driving and it plummets to the low 30s...

I run on shell diesel (not v-power) and these are my ballpark figures:
Work routine driving (as above) £20 = 140-160 miles
Motorway slog £20 = ~190-210 miles
City driving/medium trips only £20 = 110-130
City driving/short trips only £20 = 90-110*

*ive only got less than 100 miles per £20 once...most of the time its around 110