1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1.8t sport instrument cluster? 2002

Bashley08 Oct 13, 2018 at 10:32 PM

1. Bashley08

Bashley08 New Member

Haven’t given up on my a3 yet. 2 years down the line 189,000 miles and she is still going!!

I am a newbie at all this so any help would be amazing. I want to change my instrument cluster to an s3 one from the same year. Is this an easy thing to do?

Ash

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. syncro

syncro Member

The easiest thing you could do is just change the foils to s3 ones, your instrument cluster in a sport should be the white face one with white illumination and red needles? If you change the whole cluster to an s3 one you will need to match the new clocks to your immobiliser and change mileage to match your old cluster.

Bashley08 likes this.
  4. Bashley08

Bashley08 New Member

Ok Thankyou. Is that a simple thing to do that I will be able to attempt to do myself? Ignore the engine light on it ( air filter )but this is what cluster I have

Attached Files:

5. Tj 0785

Tj 0785 Well-Known Member Silver Supporter VCDS Map User Bronze Supporter Audi S3

What do you want s3 clocks anyway? But there should be a diy guide online somewhere For replacing lcd screen it will show you how to strip the clocks down

Last edited: Oct 14, 2018 at 12:04 PM
  6. Bashley08

Bashley08 New Member

just want them brighter