1.8t BEX Oil feed / pickup cost?

Laurie P

A4 B6 1.8t Quattro Avant 190 + A3 8L 1.9tdi
Reaction score
Folks, am keen to do some preventative maintenance, so would appreciate thoughts on how much I should budget for sump drop / oil feed pipe mod.

Car's fine, FSH, no issues and I change the oil religiously every 6k but I'm thinking to do it in any case. How much should I be setting aside for it?

Had my sump dropped, pick up cleaned and new oil/filter £250 at a local garage.

Reactions: D9n dk
Folks, am keen to do some preventative maintenance, so would appreciate thoughts on how much I should budget for sump drop / oil feed pipe mod.

Car's fine, FSH, no issues and I change the oil religiously every 6k but I'm thinking to do it in any case. How much should I be setting aside for it?
If you plan on doing yourself it's not too expensive, £25ish for pickup and o ring, then oil and gasket sealant. However, a4 is a pain to drop the sump. Ideally subframe needs to be dropped, but it can be done by lifting the engine up. If a garage will do it for £250 I'd get them to do it, alot less hassle;-)

Having done this recently on my Audi (dropped subframe) and in the past on a Passat (raised engine), I can say without any doubt that dropping the subframe is by far the easiest option, subframe alignment can be done with the wheel keys which are a perfect fit. I used one in each side and alignment is perfect, that was what put me off dropping the subframe with the Passat.
I didn't have a frame to hang the engine but I managed okay with the jack under the gearbox and axle stands. Much easier to get the sump off and on this way.

Glad to see a bit of preventative maintenance going on.