09 s line ride height query?

Jimmer84

Reaction score
Evening folks, I have just got an 09 s line which I am loving so far, few bits to sort but gonna work my way through it.

Mainly I wanted to see your opinions on the ride height of my car, specifically the front. I keep thinking the front springs have been replaced at
Some point for se ones?
Screenshot 20210827 013324 Google
I have been thinking about changing the 19" ttrs wheels for a set of 20" concave ttrs possibly in silver for a bit of personalisation but want to ensure the ride height is correct first.

Cheers

It does look to be sitting a little high for an S Line. With wheels, be careful with offset. If it's low, then you'll want to ensure you don't catch the arches.

You'll have to get the car on jacks or a ramp to find a part number. Not sure that will be easy to do with an old spring (not even sure where it would be stamped). Coilovers would be a good option.

Either way, I would sort one first then the other. I'd go suspension first, then wheels.

Reactions: Jimmer84
Yeah thats what I was thinking, I'm looking to sort the suspension if it does need changed then worry about wheels. I don't really want to fit coilovers or lower the car more than the standard s line to be honest. I think the 20 inch wheels fit OK but as you say with the correct offset, which I believe is OK if you have the et35?

20 inch is pretty large and I will impact rude quality, so id be cognisant of that.

I have 19", et 33 and they are fine, but coilovers give the flex I need.

Review your current suspension set up - is may be that you want to renew then based in mileage and condition. Even if to stock s line height. Be aware there are two PR codes for s line suspension, one is a 30mm drop on SE, another at 20mm.

20 inch is pretty large and I will impact rude quality, so id be cognisant of that.

I have 19", et 33 and they are fine, but coilovers give the flex I need.

Review your current suspension set up - is may be that you want to renew then based in mileage and condition. Even if to stock s line height. Be aware there are two PR codes for s line suspension, one is a 30mm drop on SE, another at 20mm.
*Ride quality. I'm sure the rude quality is up to standard

Yeah I don't want the car to be too solid and banging over every bump so 20 may be a bit much, but spoke to a couple of people who didn't notice much of a difference but suppose its personal opinion.

First though I definitely want to sort out the ride height, I went to an audi place today and he didn't think the height was an issue but I'm still not convinced.....but I am certainly no expert.
I'm worried I'll go to the effort of getting g s line spri gs and it turns out to be no lower....or go to the effort of getting lowering springs and it lowers it too much lol.
My current tyre to arch hap is 45mm on the front and 30mm at the back......anyone else with 19's know their tyre to arch gap?

You're right to be a cautious as it's not an exact science. If you can test fit a set of wheels and tyres, that at least gives you an idea of what gap would remain. In general, while a bigger wheel may well fill some of the arch gap, you're also lifting the car by the increase in diameter of the new wheel. So the gap won't be totally eliminated. But with the wheels fitted, you'll have an idea of what gap you're working with.

Also one thing to consider is if you do change your suspension because it's new it will sit higher anyway. It may only take a few months to settle down a bit but may initially be higher than current.

Is no one with the same spec car able to take some measurements?

I've done more research to know what suspension I have and if it has been changed from standard and it seems I do have the original suspension set up. I checked the spare wheel well for the codes and it states sport suspension, which I believe is 2mm lower than se but 10mm higher than s line.
I them checked my springs for the corresponding coloured dots and they are correct......Violet pink pink on the front and green grey white white on the rear.
So now I know I have the correct suspension, makes me wonder why it looks so high lol, plus if I put eibach pro sports in will it lower it enough?