'06 Audi A4 B7 Avant brake pedal switch fitting??

750FLYER

Reaction score
Hi all,

New owner of above Audi, I bought it from auctions so got a bargain but have EML on.. Other day glow plug light started flashing, checked a few forums and bought a VAG reader.. symptoms seem to suggest brake pedal switch needs replacing... power loss and rear brake lights are on all the time.... So, Got the part today and going to fit tomorrow but I haven't had time to get a Haynes manual yet so if anyone could offer me avice on changing this switch, or even link me to a thread with step-by-step pics i'd be grateful... Many people seem to break the switch first time even second time as I believe it's tricky to get right............

I know the bottom of the dash facia needs to come off and hope it's fairly straight forward after that but these things never are and i've never worked on an Audi before!

Help........ Thanks!! :audibash:

Cheers chatty72,

Can you remember when you put the switch into place whether you left the plunger fully extended, or fully depressed?

The pics on that thread are great but the item is brown on the later pics but the pic of it installed it's not.. The item I have looks like the one in the picture all installed

I think the brown one is an aftermarket switch. As for the plunger i think i had it fully out and just pushed it in but it has been a couple of years since i changed it.