‘S’ Sport suspension Vs S line sports suspension

GavConner

Reaction score
Hi guys

Really sorry if this has been asked before but I can seem to find the answer

Looking to place an order on my first ever new car and want to make sure I get this right.

I'm after the new A3 sportback - S-line :)

On the Audi configuration it tells me that is comes with ‘S’ Sport suspension as standard.
Your benefits
  • More dynamic spring/damper setting and lowered by an additional 10 mm compared with the sports suspension or by 25 mm compared with the standard suspension
  • Sporty styling and driving dynamics
  • Optimised road contact due to firmer spring and shock absorber settings
It also says - Lowered by 25mm compared to Dynamic suspension, with stiffer suspension and damping for more direct contact with the road and sportier handling.

Then when I look at the S line sports suspension @ £325.00 it says ...

Your benefits
  • Sporty styling and driving dynamics
  • Optimised road contact due to firmer spring and shock absorber settings
It also says - Lowered by 25mm compared to Dynamic suspension, with stiffer suspension and damping for more direct contact with the road and sportier handling.

I'm confused and not sure what the difference is (Apart from £325)

Any ideas guys ?

Thanks !

Dynamic suspension is the "basic" comfort suspension, sport is sport and SLine is the sportier sport :hi:. SLine sits the lowest of the 3 suspensions and has the firmer ride. It all depends what you're expecting from the car at the end of the day..

Didn't realise they've started charging extra for S-line suspension even if you've specified an S-Line! Poor

Reactions: TDI-line, Rolls and glospete
Didn't realise they've started charging extra for S-line suspension even if you've specified an S-Line! Poor

Yes !

That's the bit I don't get ?? You buy an S-Line then have to buy the suspension ? Bizarre

Plus when you click into both of them on the Audi website they both say .... Lowered by 25mm compared to Dynamic suspension, with stiffer suspension and damping for more direct contact with the road and sportier handling.

I'm confused

I understood the sport suspension that is supplied by default on the sline was 15mm lower compared to dynamic (standard) and sline suspension was 25mm lower compared to dynamic (standard) and now chargeable on sline! - I think the wording on the website pricelist is correct and they appear to have got their knickers in a twist on the configurator but who knows?

I understood the sport suspension that is supplied by default on the sline was 15mm lower compared to dynamic (standard) and sline suspension was 25mm lower compared to dynamic (standard) and now chargeable on sline! - I think the wording on the website pricelist is correct and they appear to have got their knickers in a twist on the configurator but who knows?

Ok cool, thanks for your help :)

Seems a bit strange you buy an s-line and it dosn't come with the s-line suspension ..... hey, that Audi for you :)

Now when I look at the S3 here's the description of the suspension it comes with ...

'S' Sport suspension - lowered by 25mm compared to Dynamic suspension, with stiffer suspension and damping for more direct contact with the road and sportier handling.

https://www.audi.co.uk/new-cars/a3/s3-sportback.html

So I'm guessing they have

1, Dynamic suspension
2, Sport suspension
3, 'S' Sport suspension
4, S-line suspension

More confused ...

I have ordered an S Line and believe this is correct - I have not paid the extra as think it will be firm enough for me.

Reactions: GavConner
Now when I look at the S3 here's the description of the suspension it comes with ...

'S' Sport suspension - lowered by 25mm compared to Dynamic suspension, with stiffer suspension and damping for more direct contact with the road and sportier handling.

1, Dynamic suspension
2, Sport suspension
3, 'S' Sport suspension
4, S-line suspension

More confused ...

Although I do not know for sure, I think there are only 3 suspension types (apart from magnetic ride option) - dynamic, sport & s-line sport - personally I think s sport and s-line are one and the same!

I have a 3dr Sport with Sport Suspension surprisingly. I feel it is firm enough. I've driven an S-line and it's very firm compared to mine. If I were you I'd keep the sport suspension. Just me thoughts.

Reactions: GavConner and pburv
I have a 3dr Sport with Sport Suspension surprisingly. I feel it is firm enough. I've driven an S-line and it's very firm compared to mine. If I were you I'd keep the sport suspension. Just me though
... the wheel size will also make a noticeable difference and the tyre pressure. I took a Mk7 Golf GTI for an extended test drive. The car was so firm I checked the tyre pressure. All the 18 inch tyres were 5 PSI below the correct pressure. :blink:

... the wheel size will also make a noticeable difference and the tyre pressure. I took a Mk7 Golf GTI for an extended test drive. The car was so firm I checked the tyre pressure. All the 18 inch tyres were 5 PSI below the correct pressure. :blink:

I'm on standard 17 inch sport alloys and running 33 all round. Perfect for me.

Reactions: pburv

1, Dynamic suspension
2, Sport suspension
3, 'S' Sport suspension
4, S-line suspension

More confused ...

Sorry a Newbie here and posted a blank my mistake. I have ordered a new A3 saloon S line and specified dynamic suspension. This has been missed off the order, I didn't notice it and it's apparently too late to change it (car built date one month hence). There seems to be considerable confusion here, none more so than at Audi itself. My online tracker states that my car will have 'S' Sport suspension. I agree that the configurator describes it in exactly the same terms as it does for the S line suspension, namely lowered by 25mm. However the online brochure for the new A3 saloon describes it as Sport Suspension and lowered by 15mm. I'm hoping for wiggle room on changing it to dynamic in view of the conflicting description on Audi's own literature.

I agree with previous posts. It's a joke now you have to pay for s-line suspension on an s-line car.

Its been the case on the A3 since around 2014, you need to specify S-line sports suspension, and its always been a no cost option. The reason why is a lot of people wants the looks of the S-Line but don't want the firm ride, you'll actually be surprised how little A3 S-lines have sports suspension I would say as little as 5% if not less in my experience. You'll need to have the car checked of VMS for the factory spec if buying a used, or specifically ask for it on a build. Same thing applies on Sport models, you can do away with the sporty suspension all together.

Problem solved. The dealer has managed to delete S Sport Suspension and replace it with Dynamic. I'm all for a bit of comfort. My build week is confirmed as week beginning 3rd October. It's been brought forward three weeks after I changed the colour from Cosmos Blue to Daytona Grey. Strange but welcomed

Reactions: glasgowdubber