£175.00 Re-map... what you think??

dany2k

Reaction score
More-bhp are offering re-maps for 1.8Ts/2.0TFSis for £175.00: what does everyone think? Good/bad? Any idea what mapping software they use?

Regards,

Danny

If it sounds too good to be true, it usual is.

Sounds like a cheap n nasty set up to me. There is a reason CCode and Revo charge what they charge. My advise, Goto CCode or revo.

If it sounds too good to be true, it usual is.

Sounds like a cheap n nasty set up to me. There is a reason CCode and Revo charge what they charge. My advise, Goto CCode or revo.

or maybe revo and CC charge what they do because they know the snooty audi owners will pay it lol

I've got a more-bhp stage 1 on mine had it 2 years now with no problems, Jason was very knowledgeable, a lot of golfs and polo 1.8Ts have used him and he always seems to get a good write up! Give him a call if tour unsure.

It really depends how the person who made the map values the amount of time and effort they put into creating it and so they can make a profit. Fitting the chip doesnt take long and therefore little cost is involved but if the map has taken hours and hours of rolling road development to improve and refine then it is usually reflected in the price (and results).

its a difficult one this. ive used them before for a golf gt tdi i had, but the dropping of their price has raised a little doubt in my mind!

If its the same map but at a lower price i can't see anything wrong with it, or is it budget ebay type thing? few degrees of advance and a load more fuel across the map?

Alot of people have deals on at the moment including me this is because obviously January is usually the quietest month of the year but so far very busy for me for some reason!! It is arguably better getting a remap with dyno run included usually because any faults such as boost leaks etc can be identified and rectified there and then.

Had mine done by jason and would recommend to anyone. He is a very knowledgeable guy who afaik used to work for one of the more well known companys. He seems to have a very good rep with vag owners. Me being one of them.