£12k to spend - is the A3 the obvious choice?

Dont know if this will help but i just bought mine last week for 14.5k from Bexley Audi with 26,000 on the clock.

I absoultley love the DSG.

am definitley going to get DSG - just need to find one that comes in at my budget - 12.5k is my absolute max so hopefully i can pick one up with about 40k on the clock

if i can find a good deal on a 170 then ill go for it but am happy getting the 140 - as long as its an S-line and has done less than 40k miles and is registered after may 2005!

anyway still got a few weeks before im home and can even start test driving.

I'd go for the 170 personally - quick enough for a daily driver in my opinion, and cheap to run :yes:

Runs out of puff after 130ish, but it's a 2.0 derv drinker, it's better than i expected :drag:

Like the DSG box too...it's no way perfect but I wanted auto and this is good enough! It's a bit jerky in low speed driving but it gets better the more I drive and learn its quirks, hill starts are a bit of an **** but I'm getting there! When I drive "enthusiastically" the 'box is a lot better :superman:

If I can find anything I may consider selling mine ... its on 37500. I keep looking but haven't found anything yet.

I managed to pick up an A3 3.2 V6 s-line 55 plate in black for 12k the other day and absolutely love it. Best car I have ever driven