Where to buy an EGR blanking plate for 3.0 tdi ?

.Jas.

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can buy a blanking plate for my EGR valve?

I have a B7 A4 3.0 tdi

Everything I see (on ebay and other shops) only shows 2.0 tdi not 3.0 tdi

Also, has anyone blanked off heir EGR valve on this engine? I assume it needs a remap after?

Cheers

You need to remove the EGR function in a remap...

Reactions: Golfedd
I don't think anybody makes a blanking plate for this engine's EGR system as the general route is to simply get it mapped out (software delete). Most people do it at the same time as getting a remap done (two birds with one stone kinda thing).

Trouble is, my EGR is a bit knackered so will need fixing/blanking before a remap. Doesn't a remap keep it fully closed (or open? can't remember what way round it is), so if it doesn't work properly i'm screwed for a remap?

If the EGR function is 'mapped out' then the EGR valve will always be closed. This will mean that warm air will not be recirculated into the engine, meaning all the air which is brought into the engine will be cold/fresh from the outside air.

You can make a blanking plate from something as crude as a tin lid if you really need to, or if you know someone who can do basic fabrication get them to make you one.

Would I be right in thinking the EGR from a 3.0tdi would be the same as on the 2.0tdi and other engines? They all have the same air-box...??