Where do I put an EGR blanking plate?

Attachments

• 20230107_103838.jpg
    20230107_103838.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 89
Will i have problem if i put it on the egr side how i showed it on the pic

What is differnce

Turbo side your taking blanking it at source ,where your pic shows is the return ,not sure what difference it will make ,there’ll be a difference in back pressure
Your still sending exhaust gas down the pipe but it’s blanked at the end ..could end up carbon’d up and backing up towards the turbo ..imagine pouring water down a blocked drain ,it’ll end up overflowing
Blanking at source eliminates this and you can also remove the egr cooler and pipes which tidys up the engine bay and creates access

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Pie-eyedpiper
Ok thanks for advice do you have any pics of where i need to blank on turbo side exactly . And can i just slip the blanking plate on the turbo side or do i have to take things apart thanks

You can leave the cooler in then ,it’s just some fussier people like to blank both ends of egr but many don’t and just blank the return end
481bd45365207bcd99cb3005b8577747.jpg

You can see here where someone on this site has blanked on the exhaust manifold
If you search on this forum for egr blank there’s loads of info
Best of luck

They’ve removed the cooler in that pic hence the arrangement of hoses,90 degree fittings and zip ties

Cheers for help and advice i think im just gonna blank it off at the egr side where i showed on the pic i hope thats ok thanks

Just remove the EGR valve and cooler. Loads more access space and looks much less cluttered.
Then change your manifold too, to a flapless one.

Just remove the EGR valve and cooler. Loads more access space and looks much less cluttered.
Then change your manifold too, to a flapless one.
Was gonna keep it simple just blank it as ive had it mapped out am i ok putting the blanking plate on the egr side as ive shown on picture thanks

Hey, no I wouldn't put it on the EGR side.

You can leave the cooler in place etc.

But place the blanking plate on the other side. Not at the EGR valve

Mine was blanked at the other side.

There no need bother blocking it at the EGR itself then and prevents any potential issues

Hey, no I wouldn't put it on the EGR side.

You can leave the cooler in place etc.

But place the blanking plate on the other side. Not at the EGR valve

Mine was blanked at the other side.

There no need bother blocking it at the EGR itself then and prevents any potential issues
Do you have any pictures of where i need to block on the other side and will there be any problems if i block the egr side thanks

Was gonna keep it simple just blank it as ive had it mapped out am i ok putting the blanking plate on the egr side as ive shown on picture thanks

The exhaust gas outlet is on turbo housing, then through to the cooler.
After removing all the pipework I now have a blanking cap on that outlet, so that would be the place to blank off for you.
That blanked off hole is also great to squirt Mr Muscle in to keep the turbo clean.