vvt cam chain pads

Yes.

I'd imagine every single memeber of the forum who owns a working car will have pads fitted on their cam chain tensioner :)

Next unexplained question please!

He asked if anyone has fitted them before not "has anyone got them fitted" which you seemed to read it as. Not sure he needed to ask much more did he? Seems like a genuine question to me?

Anyway. I've not done them myself but having changed the half moon seal which was fiddly to say the least, I'd say you'll need the 3306 (?) chain tensioner tool and then to mark the chain and gears with tipex or similar to mark their position before removing the chain. I'm sure Tuffty mentioned doing this before, but he may have changed the whole unit.

He asked if anyone has fitted them before not "has anyone got them fitted" which you seemed to read it as. Not sure he needed to ask much more did he? Seems like a genuine question to me?

I realise what he's asking Sam, I'm being a **** on purpose.

If he can't be bothered to ask a question properly then why should we go to the trouble of giving a decent answer?

We can all make the assumption that he's talking about a 20vt with worn out pads on the chain tensioner, and asking how do go about replacing the pads and where to get them from, but why should we assume anything? he hasn't given details, so he clearly can't be bothered, so nor am I.

I know I'm being a ****, but I think it's justified.

still anyone got the tensinor part number for an amk

wehey! some detail :laugh:

A quick search suggests it could be any of these:

058-109-088 D / E / K