Post Pics Of Your A3/S3 8v In Here

TBH @Simon L daytona grey was my wife's choice when I was going thro' the 2 S3 saloon orders, BUT its my car & I'll do as I want!

'Yes, dear. Just finishing the washing up & then I'll do the hoovering ... '

I know who who is the boss in my house ... :(

@Holtt - You must have a dusty garage or may be its a 8V S3 thing as my S4 doesn't suffer this ;) :D

Daytona was my wife's choice too, I wanted red!! lol ;)

Definitely imagining it Dave, no dirt on my bad boy :) (shedloads of rain though, my god that was a downpour just now!!)

I have found my Sepang S3 much less of a dirt magnet compared to my A3 Daytona....or am I imagining it?

This time get it covered in C1+EX02 Dave............nothing sits on this kit for long......the rain washes my car clean now...lol

This time get it covered in C1+EX02 Dave............nothing sits on this kit for long......the rain washes my car clean now...lol

That's the plan and may even try to get it done before the winter if it arrives early October and before the weather turns all "Scottish" :smirk:

Reactions: Jassyo06
That's the plan and may even try to get it done before the winter if it arrives early October and before the weather turns all "Scottish" :smirk:

Like it...lol "Weather turns all Scottish"...yeah what we lack in warm weather...we make up in Warm Hearts...after a few bottles of Buckfast....lol...Do it yerself Dave..save ye a fortune, l know its far more expensive/rip off from a pro shop,do it 2/3 panels at a time,the bonnet/bumpers/front wings....etc..just to gain some confidence in it's application.
l will easily apply this combo again myself on my next car.

Reactions: Daveotto
Like it...lol "Weather turns all Scottish"...yeah what we lack in warm weather...we make up in Warm Hearts...after a few bottles of Buckfast....lol...Do it yerself Dave..save ye a fortune, l know its far more expensive/rip off from a pro shop,do it 2/3 panels at a time,the bonnet/bumpers/front wings....etc..just to gain some confidence in it's application.
l will easily apply this combo again myself on my next car.

Talking of Exo, I'm I right in thinking it will easily take to plastics/glass as well as metal? I'm not sure if C1 is best left off those materials. I plan on doing the wheels with Exo as well.

Talking of Exo, I'm I right in thinking it will easily take to plastics/glass as well as metal? I'm not sure if C1 is best left off those materials. I plan on doing the wheels with Exo as well.

EXO2 can be applied to anything?,i used C1+EXO2 on my front/rear lights it did'nt take too well to the matt aluminium door mirror covers however?so l removed it before it cured.
As for glass no l would'nt personally but maybe the Pano roof,wheels?to coat these with EXO2...properly..l would take them off,so you can get into all the little nooks and crannys on the wheels, EXO2...will last far longer when applied over C1.

The C2v3 is excellent stuff apply this after EXO2....to get that ultimate glossy shine and just top up the EXO2...with the C2v3 every so often

If your car has good enough sealant/wax in most cases snow foam is enough to get most if not all the dirty off, before you wash it with the 2 bucket method so you don't scratch your paint to bits

It's not all down to what the car has been coated with, but also how the paint has been prepared before application of sealant/wax. Smooth, flat, contaminant free paint coated with a sealant or wax will be far easier to clean than paintwork that hasn't been prepared properly prior to application of the protective product(s)

It's not all down to what the car has been coated with, but also how the paint has been prepared before application of sealant/wax. Smooth, flat, contaminant free paint coated with a sealant or wax will be far easier to clean than paintwork that hasn't been prepared properly prior to application of the protective product(s)

Excacaly right if it's prepared right it works right, would say around 80-90% of the work is preparing the paint for the coating/wax . Mine has carbon collective on which I done myself really impressed with it hardly even have to touch the car after it's been snow foamed and rinsed off makes it a lot easier to dry too.

Excacaly right if it's prepared right it works right, would say around 80-90% of the work is preparing the paint for the coating/wax . Mine has carbon collective on which I done myself really impressed with it hardly even have to touch the car after it's been snow foamed and rinsed off makes it a lot easier to dry too.
I love waxing cars so my own car is coated in Definitive Wax Show Edition. However, I've done various cars for friends/family/colleagues with some different sealants and coatings and have found them to give great long lasting results.

I love waxing cars so my own car is coated in Definitive Wax Show Edition. However, I've done various cars for friends/family/colleagues with some different sealants and coatings and have found them to give great long lasting results.

Same mate really enjoy seeing the results you on the detailing forum?

Should go on detailing world am not a big wax collector I mainly use sealants like carbon collective an so on find it a lot easier to work worth even though the shine and pop off a good wax you can't beat

Check out Definitive Wax, it'll blow your mind!

I have used dozens of waxes over the years,some a hit most a miss and a waste of money at times, nothing compares to C1 + Exo2 + C2 v3,just my opinion,once the C1+ Exo2 are applied it's just a matter of topping up the gloss finish with C2 v3,,come the winter months applying wax is difficult because of the cold it doesn't cure nothing repels water like gtechniq Exo2 and other nano coatings from makes like nanolex and Gyeon l had toooo much time on my hands today,just a wash and a couple layers of C2v3 so easy to apply and remove no residue like some waxes give off and long-term paint maintenance is minimal as is
IMAG0032
IMAG0034
swirling
IMAG0030
IMAG0036

Reactions: Jackspratt85, Essflee, VAG_Club001 and 9 others
I have used dozens of waxes over the years,some a hit most a miss and a waste of money at times, nothing compares to C1 + Exo2 + C2 v3,just my opinion,once the C1+ Exo2 are applied it's just a matter of topping up the gloss finish with C2 v3,,come the winter months applying wax is difficult because of the cold it doesn't cure nothing repels water like gtechniq Exo2 and other nano coatings from makes like nanolex and Gyeon l had toooo much time on my hands today,just a wash and a couple layers of C2v3 so easy to apply and remove no residue like some waxes give off and long-term paint maintenance is minimal as is View attachment 68863 View attachment 68864 swirlingView attachment 68862 View attachment 68861

Awesome finish mate :yum:

Awesome finish mate :yum:

Thanks pal,jassys in between jobs the now,polite way of saying am unemployed..lol that's me back a week from hols so should get something soon.Electrical Engineer,but thinking about asking my son for a job at Glasgow Audi as a salesman like father like son...lol

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Simon L
Thanks pal,jassys in between jobs the now,polite way of saying am unemployed..lol that's me back a week from hols so should get something soon.Electrical Engineer,but thinking about asking my son for a job at Glasgow Audi as a salesman like father like son...lol

If you are at a loose end in a months time you could always pop down south and do my new one for me. Mates rates of course :grinning:

Reactions: Jassyo06, Simon L and monopole

Gotta say you it was sounding like all work and no play with the old job mate. Sure something will come up soon. Audi salesman has gotta be a fairly decent gig, they sell themselves don't they?!! :)

Never mind the car detailing Dave, I reckon we're looking at 15% discount on the next car at Glasgow Audi ;) lol

Reactions: Daveotto and Jassyo06
Gotta say you it was sounding like all work and no play with the old job mate. Sure something will come up soon. Audi salesman has gotta be a fairly decent gig, they sell themselves don't they?!! :)

Never mind the car detailing Dave, I reckon we're looking at 15% discount on the next car at Glasgow Audi ;) lol
Detailing...frickin too much like hard work....the sportsback is murder to towel dry,all them frickin doors,just 2 doors on the next Audi..lol

Reactions: Simon L
I have used dozens of waxes over the years,some a hit most a miss and a waste of money at times, nothing compares to C1 + Exo2 + C2 v3,just my opinion,once the C1+ Exo2 are applied it's just a matter of topping up the gloss finish with C2 v3,,come the winter months applying wax is difficult because of the cold it doesn't cure nothing repels water like gtechniq Exo2 and other nano coatings from makes like nanolex and Gyeon l had toooo much time on my hands today,just a wash and a couple layers of C2v3 so easy to apply and remove no residue like some waxes give off and long-term paint maintenance is minimal as is View attachment 68863 View attachment 68864 swirlingView attachment 68862 View attachment 68861

I haven't used gtechniq before but imagine carbon collective which I have used is just the same with a different label on the bottle like most products will try gtechniq next time

Not actually posted this on the forum.

IMG_5662.jpg

Excuse the dirty car, was taken a day after getting the setup installed.

Running on H&R Ultra low courtesy of Simon at Stillstatic. On Vossen CVT Glass Graphite 19s from Miami running 225/35 tyres.

Reactions: Jackspratt85, Si_S3, Tony1982 and 4 others
Hello everybody, here is mine !!!
20141026 121129

20150613 145805 resized   Copy

I really love this Sepang blue !!!!! Really nice....

Reactions: Simon L, Rob2k68 and Jassyo06

IMG_5662.jpg

Running on H&R Ultra low courtesy of Simon at Stillstatic. On Vossen CVT Glass Graphite 19s from Miami running 225/35 tyres.
Cracking photo, your car looks extremely low indeed?

IMG_5662.jpg

chuffing nora! that's low... surely a coilover set? Great colour too, nice and deep!

Would take them all the time but sand ends up eveywhere in my car haha

S3 1
S3 2
S3 2 Not before time - a couple of poor iphone photos to kick off.......

Reactions: S3joey, AndyB-S3, Rob2k68 and 3 others
Reactions: sixlargebeers