Possible order but Facelift coming in March

Hopefully the 2.5 5 pot engine is retained. The new TTRS I'll be an early indicator if they do or not since it's usually the same engine in both. If there's any indication they'll drop the 2.5 lump I'll be ushering my order thru for an RS3 without waiting for the facelift

I'm hoping the face lift will also have the digital air vents likes the new TT, If that's what they're called.

Reactions: AudiNutta
Collected run around A1 BE Today and learned that some colours are being discontinued, presumably in the run down to a Facelift... Mainly rubbish colours IMHO..
Brilliant Red C8**
Scuba Blue S9**
Dakota Grey Y7**
Beluga Brown M5**
Shiraz Red 3A**
Lotus Grey 2Z**
Audi Exclusive Paint Q0**
IMG 3498

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3, Snake Pliskin, josedebardi and 1 other person
Collected run around A1 BE Today and learned that some colours are being discontinued, presumably in the run down to a Facelift... Mainly rubbish colours IMHO..
Brilliant Red C8**
Scuba Blue S9**
Dakota Grey Y7**
Beluga Brown M5**
Shiraz Red 3A**
Lotus Grey 2Z**
Audi Exclusive Paint Q0**
View attachment 78359

Looks cool

Is that what your getting mate ?

Daytona yeah ?

Deal done ?

Looks cool

Is that what your getting mate ?

Daytona yeah ?

Deal done ?

Bought it yesterday Snake.. This photo was taken in handover bay awaiting number plates. Decided a deal on new was a sensible thing to do rather than compromising on spec on a used car. It is Daytona Black Edition with Comfort and Design Pack (roof) options.. Very impressed. Same 150 COD motor as late wife's A3 but seems very much more responsive in A1.

Only 32 days to go for the RS.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Bought it yesterday Snake.. This photo was taken in handover bay awaiting number plates. Decided a deal on new was a sensible thing to do rather than compromising on spec on a used car. It is Daytona Black Edition with Comfort and Design Pack (roof) options.. Very impressed. Same 150 COD motor as late wife's A3 but seems very much more responsive in A1.

Only 32 days to go for the RS.

Nice one & looks a fab car and really suits the colour.

I like your style too .... Buying a car to pass the time waiting for your new car :sunglasses:

Imagine with that engine it is pretty rapid too.

Black edition just completes the look perfectly.

Get some more pics up when you can.

Another of the A1 runs round before they put plates on yesterday and 'my' new R8 too.

Attachments

• IMG_3496.jpg
    IMG_3496.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 333
  • IMG_3499.jpg
    IMG_3499.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 279
Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Audi dynamic indicators confirmed (start of video)
That means Matrix LED are confirmed too.

Audi dynamic indicators confirmed (start of video)
That means Matrix LED are confirmed too.

Matrix LED's, happy! Fingers crossed for an RS update before March 2017 then, hoping to take delivery in April - May. Can see this being a lot longer if there is a facelift coming.

Here in Italy is almost official the FL RS3 will available to order from june 2016.

We already have led lights, what does "matrix" add?

TX.

I'm guessing about £1,000 to the price, as it does with the TT.

LED lights may become standard on S3 (as they are on RS3 already) but then matrix may be offered, certainly as a cost option on the S3 and maybe a cost option on the RS3 for less £.

The 'sweeping' indicators may also be part of the matrix upgrade.

They are fancy 'adaptable' lights - there are video's on youtube of them.

I'd be quite happy with the standard LED lights.

The extras list is already sky high on the A3/S3/RS3 :)

The source is ABT

Hmm, interested by this... Probably 50% reliable. The biggest thing for me now is having it confirmed that we will see a facelift, once that happens I will be happy :)
Looks as if the Matrix lights are coming and dynamic indicators, I'd be happy with that alone ;-) Virtual Cockpit would be nice but I've been told categorically that it can't physically happen without a whole new model change. But then again my source said that even dynamic indicators were impossible due to the electronic changes involved. I hope they are wrong. The video could just be Audi teasing us.

Virtual Cockpit is confirmed since July 2015.

Audi’s electronics head, Ricky Hudi, admitted to motoring.com.au this week that it will also slide in to next year’s facelifted A3 as an option. “In the future, there are not so many cars that will not have it integrated, even into the smaller cars. “Next year in the facelift of the A3, we will also integrate the virtual cockpit,” he confirmed.

Virtual Cockpit is confirmed since July 2015.

Audi’s electronics head, Ricky Hudi, admitted to motoring.com.au this week that it will also slide in to next year’s facelifted A3 as an option. “In the future, there are not so many cars that will not have it integrated, even into the smaller cars. “Next year in the facelift of the A3, we will also integrate the virtual cockpit,” he confirmed.

Hm, I don't see why they wouldn't integrate the Virtual Dash.... I can see it being costly but the A4 is falling behind now of all recent releases. It needs that Virtual Dash to bring it up to spec. However I would hope it still has the central screen like the A4, don't really like one screen in the TT... would like my passengers to see something.

Its a facelift, so they won't change the interior radically to the point where the pop up screen is replaced with the a4 style fixed screen. And if you've looked at the new Q7 that has the Virtual Cockpit alongside an A3 style pop up centre screen

Reactions: AudiNutta
Its a facelift, so they won't change the interior radically to the point where the pop up screen is replaced with the a4 style fixed screen. And if you've looked at the new Q7 that has the Virtual Cockpit alongside an A3 style pop up centre screen

I understand where you're coming from. My dealer told me they cannot fit a VD because there is so much more that has to live behind the dashboard and that's the reason why the A4 screen is fixed, because there was simply no room for it to fold away. He's implying it won't happen under any circumstances because of how many behind the dash changes would have to take place because the screen won't fold away.

I understand where you're coming from. My dealer told me they cannot fit a VD because there is so much more that has to live behind the dashboard and that's the reason why the A4 screen is fixed, because there was simply no room for it to fold away. He's implying it won't happen under any circumstances because of how many behind the dash changes would have to take place because the screen won't fold away.

Your dealer is wrong.

Your dealer is wrong.

+1

Space behind the dash is a load of bull.

The A4 has a stuck on 'iPad' style screen as it's the fashion right now (Merc/BMW have the same).

Reactions: A4B9
Replaced colors starts to get removed from configurator... (brilliant red)

Really hoping he is wrong. The way he said that Dynamic indicators are impossible also, couldn't see that t can all be built into a module in the light.

Really hoping he is wrong. The way he said that Dynamic indicators are impossible also, couldn't see that t can all be built into a module in the light.

It is built into the light cluster, I am friends with a guy that retro fits it on A6's - it's incredibly simple electronics that you would study at GCSE level!

It is built into the light cluster, I am friends with a guy that retro fits it on A6's - it's incredibly simple electronics that you would study at GCSE level!

I thought it was too. I'm training as an Electrical Engineer, I found it hard to believe it needed anything more than an LED control module in the light cluster haha. As long as it has a supply the module will take over the control of the LED's.

New RS3 facelift front, this is for new RS3 Sedan coming in 2017, but RS3 Sportback 2016 facelift will be same:

UjUPdnq.jpg

I don't like it (same as current aluminum pre-facelift rs3 style), in black will be much better.

Really not sure on that photo.. it all looks so out of proportion :shrug::haha:

The grille outsizes all other aesthetic features on that front end, the headlights look too small and yes 100% agree RG it is all distorted.

Was presented this morning at a meeting of executives of audi usa.

Another photo:

audi-rs3-sedan-filtrado_1440x655c.jpg

Possible release for USA (only) in 2017 or EU in late 2016 and USA in 2017
Motor upgrade to 400HP, matrix led, virtual cockpit, MIB-II (carplay, android auto), remote services...

RS3 Sportback with same facelift, could be presented in 2 weeks in Geneva, or both later as no spy photos for RS3, only A3 and S3 released first...

if the saloon is for the US only, wouldn't those photos of the car have those orange side lights they have over the pond?

So, if you had the opportunity of getting an RS3 now, would you still buy one? I love the current shape and I've waited nearly 9 months before I've made my mind up to buy one...If I don't buy now and I wait for facelift and then the usual delivery waiting time, I'll be back to square one again...My heart says goes for it now, my head kinda not sure. Any advice appreciated.

Rad

So, if you had the opportunity of getting an RS3 now, would you still buy one? I love the current shape and I've waited nearly 9 months before I've made my mind up to buy one...If I don't buy now and I wait for facelift and then the usual delivery waiting time, I'll be back to square one again...My heart says goes for it now, my head kinda not sure. Any advice appreciated.

Rad

Just 12 days for Geneva Motor Show, and VW night, they are preparing now.
Discounts for last old model production units will be better when A3 facelift is presented.

2Xxbq6j.jpg

Reactions: Radman and Buzz73
Just 12 days for Geneva Motor Show, and VW night, they are preparing now.
Discounts for last old model production units will be better when A3 facelift is presented.

2Xxbq6j.jpg

I'm now waiting for these reasons. Certainly until Geneva anyway...

Reactions: Radman
Yeah, me too. Even the other day the dealer said 'Not sure if there is going to be a facelift or not, just rumour'. There are no such thing as an honest dealer.