Picking up S3, Coventry Audi Fleet Sales

ConorA

Reaction score
Morning all,

Sorry this might be a bit specific...

I know quite a few people have ordered their cars through Coventry Audis fleet division to get the great discounts we have got!

I just wondered what to expect for collection, whether its the usual fancy show or whether its a quick thing where they point at your car in the car park and send you on your way!

Its not the end of the world either way, just wanted to know what to expect really!

Although i have to say Ben Basson has been great, replies to all my emails within an hour or two and is always making conversation in them.

thanks in advance!

thought it might be a relevant thread as so many people are purchasing this way at the moment.

I've picked up my car from Ben on Sunday via fleet order and it's a proper customer handover, he'll go through everything with you so expect to be there for at least one hour, say hi to him for me, the last handover guy from Sunday :) (audi s3)

Your car should be covered on the main show room

What is the fleet division exactly? The word discount opens my ears!

Good to know. Hopefully picking mine up from the 16th. It arrived in Grimsby (hometown visit!) on Friday and I've asked if the pickup can be organised as soon as possible as my GT86 was snapped up by someone who came from Aberdeen to Basildon to buy it on Saturday.

Have had to chase every update though - wasn't told when it was built / in the country or anything which I was a little disappointed with but overall can't complain with Coventry Carwow service.

I've picked up my car from Ben on Sunday via fleet order and it's a proper customer handover, he'll go through everything with you so expect to be there for at least one hour, say hi to him for me, the last handover guy from Sunday :) (audi s3)

Your car should be covered on the main show room

Great, just what I wanted to hear!

Will do matey.

12 days to go woooooo!

But don't Coventry Audi via fleet and broker say pick up only on week days.?

Also, does anyone know if Coventry supply with gb plates or normal plates, or can you have Welsh plates if you wanted as I am from Carmarthen, West Wales - West is best,!

Reactions: dragon
But don't Coventry Audi via fleet and broker say pick up only on week days.?

Also, does anyone know if Coventry supply with gb plates or normal plates, or can you have Welsh plates if you wanted as I am from Carmarthen, West Wales - West is best,!

I picked up mine on a Sunday, maybe because it was 1st of March and they arranged for that special day.
You can request any plate you want, I requested for an EU/GB plate, others have just left it which is plain

At the moment Carwow seem to be the cheapest for S3 saloons, where as Carfile seem to be the cheapest for S3 HB's & SB's

Can't comment on A3 saloon, HB & SB prices as I've never checked

But this does change, so you've got to do your homework if buying thro' a broker IMO

Picked up with Max yesterday after going through carwow.

Mine was parked outside not covered but I did ask that they didn't clean it so I could do it myself.

I got a tour through the basics, set my phone up and run through MMI/lights/start stop etc.

Reactions: Forbzeeee
11.1% On carwow for a Hatch to my spec. My dealer offered 7% off so will be chatting them SOON!

I did say you didn't want to know, if you already ordered ;)

Reactions: Vins
Morning all,

Sorry this might be a bit specific...

I know quite a few people have ordered their cars through Coventry Audis fleet division to get the great discounts we have got!

I just wondered what to expect for collection, whether its the usual fancy show or whether its a quick thing where they point at your car in the car park and send you on your way!

Its not the end of the world either way, just wanted to know what to expect really!

Although i have to say Ben Basson has been great, replies to all my emails within an hour or two and is always making conversation in them.

thanks in advance!

thought it might be a relevant thread as so many people are purchasing this way at the moment.
I got my one from there in August 2014.
Everything was great, parked outside all clean and shiny! Paperwork only took about 30mins
Cheers,

Coventry did say that the car wouldn't be here until July! My dealer said it will be here in May:think:
That will be down to Dealer specific car allocation by Audi me thinks

Reactions: Vins
Another question for those collecting from Audi Coventry, how was the paintwork on your car, many swirls? I'm a few months away from collecting mine, but not sure whether to let them wash it or let my local detailer do all the prep.

WHAT'S THE PROBLEM WITH THE GARAGE CLEANING THE CAR? WHAT DAMAGE CAN THEY DO?

WHAT'S WRONG WITH SWIRL MARKS - DOES IT DO ANY PERMANENT DAMAGE?

SURELY THEY WOULD DO A BETTER JOB THAN ME WASHING THE CAR?

WHAT'S WRONG WITH SWIRL MARKS - DOES IT DO ANY PERMANENT DAMAGE?
SURELY THEY WOULD DO A BETTER JOB THAN ME WASHING THE CAR?

HOW DO WE KNOW HOW WELL YOU CAN WASH THE CAR? WHEN YOU CAN'T TURN OFF THE CAPS LOCKS?

SORRY? WHAT IS THE USE OF CAPITAL LETTERS TO DO WITH MY CAR WASHING QUALITIES? ALL I WAS ASKING IS WOULDN'T AN AUDI DEALER WASH THE CAR BETTER THAN THE NORMAL AVERAGE PERSON?

SORRY? WHAT IS THE USE OF CAPITAL LETTERS TO DO WITH MY CAR WASHING QUALITIES? ALL I WAS ASKING IS WOULDN'T AN AUDI DEALER WASH THE CAR BETTER THAN THE NORMAL AVERAGE PERSON?

WELL LET ME POSE YOU A QUESTION BACK. WHAT IS THE NUMBER 1 THING YOU WOULD EXPECT OF AUDI. AND AN AUDI DEALER.AND QUESTION NUMBER 2 AND NUMBER 3. AND PERHAPS NUMBER 4.

THEN LOOK OVER ALL THE QUESTIONS YOU HAVE ASKED ON THE FORUM. AND YOUR NEED TO VISIT >1 DEALER. AND YOUR EXPERIENCE ON WHAT THEY SHOULD KNOW. BUT THEN YOU NEEDED TO ASK MORE AND MORE QUESTIONS ON THE FORUM. ABOUT THE PRODUCT THEY SELL AND SHOULD KNOW ALL THE ANSWERS TO ALL THE QUESTIONS YOU ASK. AND THEN SOME MORE QUESTIONS. (HINT SALESMAN)

THEN REVISIT YOUR QUESTION ON CAR WASHING. AND REFLECT. THEN REST COMFY IN A WARM GLOW TO BE ABLE TO ACTUALLY ANSWER THE QUESTION IN THE ABOVE QUOTE YOURSELF. IF YOU CANT, THEN GOOGLE. OR AS OTHERS HAVE SAID TO YOU ON HERE. USE THE SEARCH.

Last edited:
SORRY? WHAT IS THE USE OF CAPITAL LETTERS TO DO WITH MY CAR WASHING QUALITIES?

@Martha CAPS LOCK = Shouting on the forum

Please follow the rules/guidance you agreed upon when joining ASN,mucho thanks

ALL I WAS ASKING IS WOULDN'T AN AUDI DEALER WASH THE CAR BETTER THAN THE NORMAL AVERAGE PERSON?

No not ever in a year of Sundays would I personally allow ANY Dealer to wash my brand new (or old for that matter) car.

Mine was fine from Coventry, no swirls

Reactions: veeeight and voorhees
Mine was from Worcester, no swirls.

(Same PDI Centre as Coventry)

Last edited:
Reactions: Liquidfusion-S3
I didn't know it was wrong to use capitals - personally I don't see the problem, but it is clear others do, so i will try not to from now on.

Mister C please explain your post - what is the number 1 thing I should expect of an Audi dealer? What are the other questions about? I haven't a clue what you're saying, can you make your point in a simpler way, especially about the standard of car washing expected of an Audi dealer.

Reactions: voorhees
Martha, to make it simple for you......

If you spend more of your monthly shopping budget on car care and cleaning products than makeup, and spend every weekend washing your car, you'll do a better job of washing your car than the dealer.

However, if you just take it to the local car wash (nothing wrong with that, everyone has different needs/priorities in life) once a month - just let your dealer prep and wash your car for you when you pick it up. It will be fine.

Reactions: mister.c.
The problem I have with caps and is the reason i've ignored every post that's been in full caps is that its more tiring on the eyes to read capital letters, which has made getting through the posts in caps very difficult.

As for dealer's washing my car... I let them as the next day it was going to the detailers, my experience at pick up was a car that had no real "pop", the day I collected the car from the detailers I couldn't believe the difference in person, I really wish I had grabbed a snap in the detailer showroom to do a comparrison shot.
The detailer made my car look amazing!

It is different dealer to dealer.

Some dealers I know let the 18 year old work experience kids prep new cars. My dealer for instance have a 3rd party detailing company prepare new cars and hence it had no swirls on pick up.

The same dealer however lets the 18 year olds do the service washes. I have made it very clear to my dealer DONT WASH MY CAR while it's in getting a respray.

Mister C please explain your post - what is the number 1 thing I should expect of an Audi dealer? What are the other questions about? I haven't a clue what you're saying, can you make your point in a simpler way, especially about the standard of car washing expected of an Audi dealer.

Martha, you have raised many many questions on the forum. You have made many visits to dealers. You can complained many times about dealiers being salesman. Stealers. You have little trust of them other than salesman. You have made complaints about them being salemen and not listening to you.

Either you don't ask the questions to dealers, don't listen to their responses or as you seem to want us to believe in your posts, don't get good service, responses from your intelligent questions on car specific matters from them. All they want to do is sell you things. You find dealers incompetent. They want to sell you things. And do nothing else.

Then you ask, sorry shout 'what is wrong with swirl marks. And surely a dealer would wash the car better than you.'

On the first question. I really can't help you. If you can't grasp what is wrong with swirl marks on a brand new car and how they are caused, then google and search have passed you by.

On the second question, as I said, I don't how well you wash your car. But if you apply common sense, intelligence and a two bucket technique, perhaps using clay now and again, with perhaps a wax or polish, then you stand a great chance of matching or being better than a dealer. But with your needing to even ask question one, then its probable most dealers, even those applying low standards, will exceed your washing talents. Stick to the £5 hand car washes if I was you.

I was trying to pose the question back into Martha's world, where you distrust the dealer to do anything well. All they are is salesman. Trying to sell you and offer you test drives of cars they want to sell, not what you want. In that world, do you trust them enough to wash your car to a high standard? Only you can answer that question, probably by asking 3 or 4 more questions.

Also ordered through Audi fleet sales. Ordered end of Jan and vehicle in stock already. However, they can't deliver until 26th :(

Has anyone had there audi delivered and do you get any accessories etc thrown in or is this left for the people who collect?

So just to double check , no horror stories reported yet from Coventry Audi prepping their new car ?

Can you get a free keyring from Covemntry Audi?

I ASKED FOR A FULL TANK OF PETROL AND THY SAID NO.

Thinks have changed

When I ordered my first S3 saloon I got a free tank of fuel without having to ask ...

& @Martha - Your SHOUTING again! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Then you'll get the ½ tank which is what you will have paid for in your Delivery Charge.
Not wishing to teach Grandmothers (which I'm sure you're not) to suck eggs, what you get from your dealer depends largely on the relationship you have built up with him (plus the level of discount you've got!). I'm not saying that he should become your new best friend, but if you treat him with the respect and friendliness he deserves then you'll get more from the relationship. Your constant reference to "stealers" I think probably colours the attitude you have to them. Your attitude is of course up to you but why do you then expect extra goodies if you have a negative attitude towards them? I'm sure they'll pick up on your attitude and wil reflect it accordingly.

Reactions: RedTurtle
Funny thing is i got below 1/4 tank of petrol and I forgot to check when I left the forecourt but no biggy

Reactions: Bristle Hound
Funny thing is i got below 1/4 tank of petrol and I forgot to check when I left the forecourt but no biggy
Like you say LF, not the end of the world :thumbs up:

In my part deux deal I'm only getting 1/2 a tank, BUT I had got a much higher level of discount. Sometimes you just can't have it always ...

Reactions: Liquidfusion-S3