Picking up S3 Shortly

Chamb0

Reaction score
Hi all

I've just recently sold my RS5 and have now bought an S3!! its a 2014 Panther Black. I've been reading the forums for tips and helpful pointers.

I have a few mods planed not sure about remap as i don't really wanna void the one year warranty i have left maybe next year, i might pick up RS3 grill where do you guys recommend buying it from OEM or ebay??

A quick picture i grabbed before i left Audi

IMG 1735

IMG 1735
Hi all
I've just recently sold my RS5 and have now bought an S3!! its a 2014 Panther Black. I've been reading the forums for tips and helpful pointers.

I have a few mods planed not sure about remap as i don't really wanna void the one year warranty i have left maybe next year, i might pick up RS3 grill where do you guys recommend buying it from OEM or ebay??

A quick picture i grabbed before i left Audi

IMG 1735

Reactions: A3_Rider, Simon L, AndyB-S3 and 2 others
Sold an RS5 for an S3...not sure whether to say congrats or send my commiserations....!

Nah only joking! It looks great. Can't beat a black Audi! I am very interested to hear why you decided to make the switch though? I nearly went from my A5 to an S3, but just loved the 5 Coupè shape too much so went for an S5...

Reactions: Simon L and jimojameso
Congrats on the new car.. fantastic colour!!! I may be a tad biased though..

Coming from an RS5 wow.. what made you want an S3?

I am not keen on the refurbed alloys all silver..but that's its only downfall. Everything else is spot on and makes me wish for the black pack styling.

Sold an RS5 for an S3...not sure whether to say congrats or send my commiserations....!

Nah only joking! It looks great. Can't beat a black Audi! I am very interested to hear why you decided to make the switch though? I nearly went from my A5 to an S3, but just loved the 5 Coupè shape too much so went for an S5...

Congrats on the new car.. fantastic colour!!! I may be a tad biased though..

Coming from an RS5 wow.. what made you want an S3?

I am not keen on the refurbed alloys all silver..but that's its only downfall. Everything else is spot on and makes me wish for the black pack styling.

I sold the RS5 as i changed my job and i no longer had a company car,I didn't want to put 20k miles a year on the RS5, So with a heavy heart i decided to sell it, will i regret it yes most probably will but it makes much more finical sense to me, I didn't know the wheels had been refurbed all silver i thought that's how they was :(

I may be wrong on the silver alloys.. I am not aware of that being an option from factory..maybe it is. I guess you could ask for anything when ordering though! some more pics especially side on and will maybe change my tune in ref to colour! :)

Your reason for selling up is a total no brainer!! 20k miles on the RS5 would cost a pretty penny in relation to the S3.

In regards to RS3 grill, there have been a few kicking about and are from 3rd party and tbh they look really good. A quick search in this section and you will find out where they have all come from! I think there was a group buy on at one point too..might have finished now tho??..

hope you enjoy your collection and have lot's of fun!!

Very nice glad to see another Panther with the Parade red interior. Just need the carbon mirrors now. :whistle2:

Lovely car. I actually prefer the silver alloys, especially on a black car. Enjoy.

Reactions: Simon L
Yeah I'm with Scott, nice contrast with the all black!!

Lovely looking S3 and welcome to the club..................... RS5, bah................highly overated!! ;)

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Scottyg
congrats mate i get mine next week

I didn't believe you went from an RS5 to an S3 until you repeated it twice in your post!!! :readit:

A step down..ish but still an amazing vehicle to be clocking 20k a year on!

Do check with dealer regarding wheels, in case they try anything during warranty work etc

Gratz and hope you enjoy.

Miind came from Audi, perfect fit

Hey Andy, what's all this 'Audi to finish building by 27/11' in your sig, I thought your replacement S3 was sorted?

Hey Andy, what's all this 'Audi to finish building by 27/11' in your sig, I thought your replacement S3 was sorted?
:notworking:
The interior light pack had been missed for both back doors and front passenger door :sob::sob:, so going in to be sorted. Only bright side to is that I'm getting an RS3 for 4 days as a courtesy car.:racer::racer:

:notworking:
The interior light pack had been missed for both back doors and front passenger door :sob::sob:, so going in to be sorted. Only bright side to is that I'm getting an RS3 for 4 days as a courtesy car.:racer::racer:

4 days with an RS3!!!! Yer jammy sod........................wish they'd missed my ILP!! :whistle2:

After all the **** ups it's the least they could do

Last edited:
I just dropped from a RS5 to a S3.
The cars are like night and day, although having the extra doors again makes things a touch easier.
My decision was a financial one based upon altering my priorities, so the saving makes me forgive the gulf between the cars.

After all the **** ups it's the least they could do

Of course you deserve your compensation, wasn't trying to suggest otherwise...............still jealous of your 4 dayer with the RS3 though :)

I will prob pick up a set of carbon mirrors, any links on the best place for them?

The best prices I found are genuine Audi dealers sealing on ebay. Find one of these then get the parts guy in your local dealership to match them. They can be a bit fiddly to fit though.