Oil issue!!!

skol

broken down
Reaction score
Ive got a problem guys, the oil light comes on and flashes at me and beeps three times(sometimes doesn't beep) and then goes off straight away or after a few minutes. This only occurs when i first start the car never when i am driving.

The oil filter and oil were changed just a month ago. There are a couple of things wrong that i know of such as the dipstick holder is broken(held together with tape) and there is some kind of temporary fuel cap instead of an oil cap.

Any ideas as to what could be wrong are greatly appreciated.

John

If the oil level is ok and there is no excessive noise from the top of the engine then it could just be the sensor John

okay....where is the sensor? is that the thing plugged into the sump?

Most probably, not sure what it's like on the 1.6, just check to see if the plug is secure first

What oil has been used? From reading your post again it seems like it's taking your car a few mins to build oil pressure, is the oil level defo ok, measuring correctly because of the broken dipstick??

Its just 10w30 oil i think, pretty confident that there is enough oil in there. il just have a look and see if the plug is loose.

If there is an issue with the oil pressure, will i need to buy a new oil pump?

10w40? Does your engine sound a little noisey? Not sure if it'll be the oil pump, could be the pick up what's blocked

What's the mileage on it?

yeah 10w40, engine makes abit of noise when idling but nothing that loud. the mileage is 117000

Hmm....if it keeps happening then it could be either the pump or pick up pipe. The sump will be off regardless so might aswell get both done

Unless it's the actual sensor what's faulty

checked the pressure switch seems sound, never took it right off just made sure the wiring and connectors looked alright. just annoying it only does it sometimes so dont know whether to take it to the garage or try and isolate the problem myself. Ohhh the dilema!!!

checked the pressure switch seems sound, never took it right off just made sure the wiring and connectors looked alright. just annoying it only does it sometimes so dont know whether to take it to the garage or try and isolate the problem myself. Ohhh the dilema!!!

That doesn't mean it's working...