Missing ILP on collection - sorted!!!

Daveotto

Staff member
Reaction score
For anyone who has followed the catalogue of disasters on my order, the latest update is....

Went into dealers this afternoon and dealt with head of business and senior sales exec and keeping the current S3 with no limitation on use (except hire and reward, obviously) or mileage and will be replaced FOC with one to correct spec in October/November.

Free two year service agreement will be redated to start from collection of new car

Two MMI cables are in the post and walked out with a bottle of top up oil.

Eventually. due credit to the dealer who were only trying to limit the damage but once they realised I was not going to budge could not have been better. That said I wish car was to the right spec and delivered 2-3 weeks ago, but have got the right result in the end.

Reactions: Kings999, Simon L, veeeight and 2 others
Good result !! Glad to hear it's being sorted for you.

Expensive result for Audi though they really need to get this ordering process sorted from what I can gather they have to duplicate the sales order onto the Audi system which is where things get missed.

For anyone who has followed the catalogue of disasters on my order, the latest update is....

Went into dealers this afternoon and dealt with head of business and senior sales exec and keeping the current S3 with no limitation on use (except hire and reward, obviously) or mileage and will be replaced FOC with one to correct spec in October/November.

Free two year service agreement will be redated to start from collection of new car

Two MMI cables are in the post and walked out with a bottle of top up oil.

Eventually. due credit to the dealer who were only trying to limit the damage but once they realised I was not going to budge could not have been better. That said I wish car was to the right spec and delivered 2-3 weeks ago, but have got the right result in the end.
Great result!

Don't forget to drive the current one like you stole it ;)

This thread may interest you lol
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/launch-control-limit-fact-or-fiction.245027/

Reactions: Simon L, Schuey and Rob2k68
Good result !! Glad to hear it's being sorted for you.

Expensive result for Audi though they really need to get this ordering process sorted from what I can gather they have to duplicate the sales order onto the Audi system which is where things get missed.

Exactly, I sat with the senior sales exec during the manual transfer process and I was looking at the software interface and it was less than intuitive.

Reactions: Rob2k68
Hi Dave, Jassy doesnt have the interior light pack.......but got most of everything else though, l dont miss it mate, because...never had like you,so good for Audi to compensate you to the point that your a Happy Chappy.

Edit....Jassy, lLP Really should be standard in a S3 though

Reactions: Simon L, Daveotto and Rob2k68
@Bristle Hound Haha lol that one got quite controversial if I remember rightly lots of opinions of how to drive and look after a 'loaner' car :racer:

Reactions: Bristle Hound and phil1824
Edit....Jassy, lLP Really should be standard in a S3 though

I agree, IMHO the halogen lighting is the only thing that cheapens the interior of the whole A3 range, that's why I was so adamant I wanted ILP in my car. If they had omitted HHA or adaptive headlights I am sure I would settled for less than the car to the correct spec.

Reactions: Simon L and Jassyo06
@Bristle Hound Haha lol that one got quite controversial if I remember rightly lots of opinions of how to drive and look after a 'loaner' car :racer:

Will treat it as my own, just been out and added a coat of Autoglym extra gloss finish as was not completely happy with the waxing from PDI, just got to leave it 30 mins before buffing up.

LOL :laugh::laugh::laugh:
Will treat it as my own, just been out and added a coat of Autoglym extra gloss finish as was not completely happy with the waxing from PDI, just got to leave it 30 mins before buffing up.
Ahhhh!!! Any type of Dealer prep or 'valeting' is sure to bring me out in a cold sweat :(
Ok for this car @Daveotto but don't let them touch your S3 part 2 my friend :thumbs up:

I am on my third A3/S3 and with each one I get more particular (OCD) about cleaning it and being critical of PDI and I think you are right for the fourth I may well prep it myself or get it professionally detailed.

Just realised that when S3 Mk2 gets here it will be my 4th A3/S3 in just under 6 years!!!

1. 8p 1.4tfsi SE - 3 years 9 months
2. 8v 2.0Tdi (150bhp) - 1 year 10 months
3. S3 - 3 months
4. S3?

I will I overtake @h5djr in a couple years at this rate

Last edited:
Reactions: Simon L, JohnM100, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
As I'm sure you'll have searched, but there have been a few too many incorrect orders/deliveries on this forum from Audi dealers!

Glad you've got a good arrangement though.

Reactions: Simon L, Rob2k68 and Daveotto
Wrongly specced cars........erm,from a dealership/salesman perpective.....they do get a lot of greif and can lose there jobs if it happens regularly....... 3 times?, here's one for you,my son has been at Glasgow Audi for over 2 years now in his first year he rear ended someone in bad weather on a dual carriageway he caused £14k worth damage to the A3 S-Line, it was a right off,ever since then he's had lower powered cars lol,right after the crash he was made to drive a A1 1.2 tfsi with all that awful colour coding/graphics on it for 6 months..........big blow for the Top Audi Salesperson's EGO...........lol

His A5 Coupe Black ED Plus is now up for sale,he's asked for a Q5 Black ED or a A3 Saloon fully loaded Diesel of course...........Jammy wee Barsteward..........lol

That reminds me? never buy a Ex Demo Audi.........l know how they treat them!!!!

Reactions: Simon L and Rob2k68
Great result daveotto - pleased you've got a decent outcome. Fair play to the dealer - came up with the goods - eventually.

Enjoy your S3(s) !

Reactions: Daveotto
That reminds me? never buy a Ex Demo Audi.........l know how they treat them!!!!
Have said before about buying Dealer demo's - DON"T !
I know because my father and brother used to be in a new car retail dealership
My brother was continually blowing cars up and my Dad used to treat a manual car like an auto. 1st to 4th gear and back sometimes without using the clutch. Unreal!

Reactions: Simon L and Blackwhite
Have said before about buying Dealer demo's - DON"T !
I know because my father and brother used to be in a new car retail dealership
My brother was continually blowing cars up and my Dad used to treat a manual car like an auto. 1st to 4th gear and back sometimes without using the clutch. Unreal!

:screamcat:

Glad to hear you're all sorted! Nice result on the comp. now go make those brakes smoke!!

Reactions: Simon L and Daveotto
Call from dealer senior sales exec today and car has gone code 39 which means it's on the African highway on its way to Sheerness.

Dealer going to organise a specific transporter rather than rely on their contractor to ensure car gets to me in the next week, maybe as early as Saturday if it gets unloaded tomorrow

Reactions: Kings999, sixlargebeers and Jassyo06
Call from dealer senior sales exec today and car has gone code 39 which means it's on the African highway on its way to Sheerness.

Dealer going to organise a specific transporter rather than rely on their contractor to ensure car gets to me in the next week, maybe as early as Saturday if it gets unloaded tomorrow

VERY EXPENSIVE...ILP you have there Dave....lol,hope you get the car for the weekend mate...thats if VAG hav'nt folded by then...lol

Reactions: Simon L, sixlargebeers and Daveotto

Great news Dave!!

Nice to see the good guy walk away happy after the earlier disappointments ;)

Reactions: sixlargebeers and Daveotto

VERY EXPENSIVE...ILP you have there Dave....lol,hope you get the car for the weekend mate...thats if VAG hav'nt folded by then...lol

Very expensive for the dealer, and would be just my luck that VAG shuts up shop an hour before I am due to collect!!!!!

Great news Dave!!

Nice to see the good guy walk away happy after the earlier disappointments ;)

Maybe was change of tactics that got me to the ideal end result? I kept calm throughout the whole saga and did not throw my toys out of my pram (as I have done in the past!!!!) although I got pretty close on a couple of occasions.

Reactions: sixlargebeers and Simon L
great news Dave ! It pays to persevere but to remain calm and measured through the process, hard though it is at times. I remember 7 years ago rejecting a 10 month old VW Eos that wouldn't stop leaking - 39 days it was with the dealer trying to fix it in that time. I just documented all the attempted and failed fixes, got an independent engineer to to water test it and wrote to the dealer (Jassy will know of whom I speak!) saying that I rejected it and wanted the full price back. I got it. They took legal advice and came back and said they'd been advised that I had a case. I knew that already as I am in the legal game myself so I was pretty confident. That said, I loved that car - GTi engine with a folding roof - gorgeous. Sorry for going totally OT ! Well done again - must feel good !

Reactions: Jassyo06, Daveotto and Simon L
Collection now confirmed for this Saturday 3rd October as African Highway was held at the entrance to Sheerness last Wednesday for 24 hours and I have been away on business most of the week

Will try and get a pic of two Sepangs side by side just to annoy @Simon L

Reactions: Bristle Hound, Jassyo06 and Simon L
Collection now confirmed for this Saturday 3rd October as African Highway was held at the entrance to Sheerness last Wednesday for 24 hours and I have been away on business most of the week

Will try and get a pic of two Sepangs side by side just to annoy @Simon L

Haha, nice one! I'll be getting myself a bad rep at this rate....... correction, worse rep.

Hope everything is tip top with the new car Dave :)

Reactions: Bristle Hound, Jassyo06 and Daveotto
Weekend "we are sorry" loaner, not to shabby.........

Is the manual version, which I love, so not that much quicker than the S3, handling, grip, traction as you might expect are better than my S3 but it is £10k more...Cockpit display is awesome......I could fall in love with this car if I did not need the extra space for another couple of years.

Reactions: A3_Rider, Rob2k68, Jassyo06 and 2 others
Nice one Dave, sure you'll have a blast with that!!

To be honest the colour is absolutely revolting but I'm sure it's great fun to drive. As you say though, they're far too limited for space.

Enjoy!! :racer:

Nice one Dave, sure you'll have a blast with that!!

To be honest the colour is absolutely revolting but I'm sure it's great fun to drive. As you say though, they're far too limited for space.

Enjoy!! :racer:

I actually quite like the colour, even if it does smirk of a bit of mid life crisis choice, wife hates the colour though :grinning:

Reactions: Sandra and Simon L
Weekend "we are sorry" loaner, not to shabby.........

View attachment 71177

Is the manual version, which I love, so not that much quicker than the S3, handling, grip, traction as you might expect are better than my S3 but it is £10k more...Cockpit display is awesome......I could fall in love with this car if I did not need the extra space for another couple of years.

Vegas yellow is it? Anyway l really do like the TTS,if nowt changes in the audi car line up in the next 18 months or so,it's going to be a TTS for me,l don't need space don't do kid's or for that matter passengers lol it will either be sepang or the metallic red,should be good discounts available by then,l keep on getting offered test drives of other Audi's by Jordan but RS3,TTS etc but l don't see the point until l am ready to change,but you bet you're *** they will give me a good loaner like dave has, when my car goes into get all the annoying things resolved

Reactions: Daveotto
Daveotto , can't find the original thread . Did this happen when you went to collect it? Did they admit it to you or did they inform you afterwards. Just wondering if on the PDI they check the options are present.
Picking mine up on tuesday. Saw it today at the dealers still in the wraps. I spootted a completely flat tyre on the front, pointed it out and they will have to replace it.
I like to see my new cars before they get hold of them so I can check for scratches and dings. Had a quick look over it. Seems OK , but to me the interior mirror did not look like a autodimming one , and I have comfort pack ordered. The mirrors I had seen have a small protrusion on the bottom for the switch... and don't think this one had that though I may be wrong as there was still a lot of packing stuff on it. Could not see if it had a sunband as it had sticky plastic over it.

...but to me the interior mirror did not look like a autodimming one , and I have comfort pack ordered. The mirrors I had seen have a small protrusion on the bottom for the switch... and don't think this one had that though I may be wrong as there was still a lot of packing stuff on it. Could not see if it had a sunband as it had sticky plastic over it.

You prob know this already but just in case remember the interior mirror changed for 2016 so the button may be in a different place ??

Tks Rob , no did not know that.. That might explain it... Phew thks mate.
I might sneak back tomorrow anyway. Decided I will take some pics in its wrapping, just for fun... Yeah know that's weird ...
Asked dealer to do minimal work on paint , off to detailer within 48 hours...

Reactions: 4K and Rob2k68