First Mods?

AudiS3Dom

Reaction score
Ok, so have my mint 2003 S3...

Have done chrome rear indicator bulbs, (not sure how to fit fronts?),
LED number plate bulbs, stubby VW sharan aerial...

But what mods should I be doing first?

Wanna keep it looking as standard as poss, but was thinking the S4 avus18" alloys? Will these fit?

Was also thinking aps.co.Uk stage 1 remap.

Cheers for any help,

Dom.

Its up to the individual on which mod you want to do next but remap is generally the best for the money,wheels are good but S4's are like chicken teeth

FMIC
Decat & Downpipe
Sport Air Filter
uprated DV.

are major ones.

list can go on.

Bang for Buck the remap would be a good place to start. OR do all the other bits like brakes suspension etc get used to the standard power then remap? up to ju ultimately

Have done chrome rear indicator bulbs, (not sure how to fit fronts?),
LED number plate bulbs, stubby VW sharan aerial...

Dom.
crikey, people really go through the effort to change stuff like that?

i thnk the first think you need to decide is what you want to achieve from the car otherwise youre going in with your eyes closed

chrome rear indicator bulbs? So you have a chrome surround around the rear light cluster? Sounds a bit Saab to me

I agree with Matt. Think about what you want from the car. Massive power? Pokey daily driver?

If going for massive power then don't bother with the Stage 1 remap - save the money towards something else.

crikey, people really go through the effort to change stuff like that?

If you percieve unscrewing an aerial and a few bulbs effort, would/could you be bothered changing your own brakes/TIP/Filter?

chrome rear indicator bulbs? So you have a chrome surround around the rear light cluster? Sounds a bit Saab to me

Silvatec bulbs - they get rid of the "egg" effect that normal amber bulbs give off. It gives the lights a cleaner look. Most BMWs are fitted with these as standard.

A cheap and easy mod.

If you percieve unscrewing an aerial and a few bulbs effort, would/could you be bothered changing your own brakes/TIP/Filter?

who honestly would bother putting a new aerial on a car... who on earth possible gives the remotest damn what aerial their car has?

if your bulb blows, put a new bulb in, but to fit "special" indicator bulbs to a car? seriously, get a girl friend!

who honestly would bother putting a new aerial on a car... who on earth possible gives the remotest damn what aerial their car has?

if your bulb blows, put a new bulb in, but to fit "special" indicator bulbs to a car? seriously, get a girl friend!

I do.

Problem?

And what a pathetic reaction/retort! May I suggest you follow this link; www.cliosport.net your reactions/keyboard warrior responses would be most welcome over there.

Matt, what do you think about putting chrome wing mirrors on an S3, i did that. Also i changed the wipers to aero type including arms, any thoughts? :) haha Dont worry you won't offend me

oohh, cheers JD09, i was wondering what he meant, didnt want to chastise him for putting a chrome surround on his rear light clusters but i had an aweful image in my mind

No problem chap. A worth while mod to clean up the lights + only takes three seconds to fit.

image.php

Those are similar to Silvertec bulbs. BMWs actually use a mirror effect glass that flashes orange, but looks like the old "oil on a road hazey" colour.