Engine and chassis codes

Roadtrain

Audi S3 8L 225 "BAM" from Italy :)
Reaction score
Hi to all, how we can verify codes about engine and chassis car both? Where are located these datas exatly? This is a good way to verify if engine is the original one or not. Thank you as always :)

Engine code is on the head, engine number is on the block... check them on your documents... there is also a label in the boot with all the option codes, chassis number and engine code on it..

You can use this to decode the options

http://igorweb.org/decoder/howto.html

<tuffty/>

Reactions: Roadtrain
Thank you. I found chassis code easy (under plastic cover located between windscreen and bonnet), but not engine one: I need lift car and see on engine "block"? Do you have any picture? Because I don't think I translate correctly this word. Thank you.

there should be a sticker where the spare wheel is telling you engine code

otherwise

audi_engine_code_awm_2.jpg

ciao ;)

Reactions: Roadtrain
there should be a sticker where the spare wheel is telling you engine code
Thank you :) Yes I found that paper sticker where the spare wheel when I controlled if colour is "Brilliant Black" or "Ebony Black".

otherwise

audi_engine_code_awm_2.jpg

ciao ;)
Grazie :)

Thank you :)

enginenumber.jpg

Is that code in the red circle "APY", "AMK" or "BAM" only, or is it an unique code as for example "BAM123456789ABCDE"? I would follow this way to understand if engine is the car's original one or not, because I can't recognize a different one if it's "BAM" aswell without more numers/letters indicated. Can I check it disassembling engine's plastic cover only? Thank you both again.

Last edited: