Changing steering ECU

bluequattro

Reaction score
Hey guys does anyone here have any pictures or a guide on changing the steering ecu for the newer version to suit mfsw, im gonna try and do this mod at the weekend and hopefully complete the bluetooth sds mfsw mod:rockwoot:

Cal

Its not the same as that, its a complete sealed unit not a separate PC board. You need to drop th steering column covers, the bottom one is held on by the screws in the reach/rake adjustment handle, the top clips to the bottom, the centre section of the clocks just pulls out.
The steering column electronics control unit -J527- is attached to steering column module with two spring catches. – Use small screwdriver to release springs -1- and -2-.– Detach the steering column electronics control unit -J527- by pulling it downwards from steering column module.Installing– Note the safety measures for airbag systems → Rep. Gr.69.– Installation is performed in reverse sequence.– Make sure that all connectors are engaged and that wires are positioned in guides provided.
A69-0449.png

A91-1005.png

A91-1006.png

Last edited:
Yes, heres another diagram to help you

swcm.jpg

Its a very fiddly job I found. Elsawin says to use a 4mm drill (if I remember correctly) and I spent ages trying to get the ****** off! Went and had a cup of tea and when I came back to it I freed it within a few seconds. Patience is the key. Take your time and what ever you do don't force it

cheers guys this is gonna make this so much easier when i start this on saturday :respekt:
let the mods commence :) who am i kidding the mods havent stopped !

Cal

managed to complete this mod this morning, found it so easy as well, which is a first for me lol, strange thing is i havent vagcomed it yet and all functions seem to be working! wohoo!
man i love this place:hubbahubba: hehe
thanks again for all the help guys.

Cal