Changing your steering wheel.

paddy

Reaction score
this a question about a TT wheel as fitted to an S3 but in an 8P...work that one out :yes:

OK, so i fit a FBMF wheel to my 8P, i also fit a suitable controller and slip ring. I use VDS to program the controller and tell it i have a paddle gear change,cruise control,MF, steering wheel. I hit enter and the reply is "code excepted" I start the car and the red steering wheel is lit on the dash as well as the yellow one. I cancel the yellow one buy turning the wheel lock to lock.
The red light says the power steering has stopped working. I do a fault code check and get " controller not recognised". I change the wheel back to std as well as the controller and slip ring because i need the car the next day. The car will not recognise the old controller either now.
I take the car to Audi who re program the car to recognise the controller and the power steering now works again...
Why could i not do that with VDS ?? If the car will not recognise the controller you cant use VDS blocks/program2 or basic program etc.

Anyway i have given up but it defeats the object of buying the VDS.

Cheers Khufu...Maybe i will give the wheel another go. Non of the garages round my way will even consider touching it so i am on my own ....need to do some more reading up re: vagcom i think.